Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EJMAN123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 09:16 PM
    What graphic card is better? 9800GTX+, or GTX 260?
    I can't decice what PC to buy, I don't play many games, but I want it to last me around 4 years.

I just want there better graphic card out of the two. Thanks!

Thaks again!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 10:58 PM
    "Better" is dependent upon the price/performance ratio you find acceptable. Technically, I'd say the 260 and the performance charts at Tom's Hardware seem to indicate so for most of the benchmarks.

If the card will always be playing the latest and greatest games in your target 4 year hardware service life, you're going to be disappointed regardless of whichever card you pick. 4 years is a long time for gaming gear. Consider an alternative strategy of selecting less costly cards and upgrading more often, like every 2 years. In 4 years, you may also do an OS upgrade. This strategy is also a hedge against being caught out by a manufacturer that decides not to provide new OS drivers for older cards.
    mamaloney Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2008, 09:03 PM

Get an ati card like the 4870.
    Better for the same price.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 05:11 PM

What type of mother board is this card going into ? It might be a matter of availability for the 4 years stretch but they are both good cards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphic card problems. [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought call of duty 4,installed everything OK,but when I come to start the game I get message "driver or graphics card does not support alpha shading" I've got a geforce fx 5700 ultra,and I've also got call of duty 2 which runs fine,I've been on the nvidia website and it says my drivers don't...

What graphic card is better? 9800GTX+, or GTX 260? [ 2 Answers ]

I can't decice what PC to buy, I don't play many games, but I want it to last me around 4 years. I just want there better graphic card out of the two. Thanks!

Graphic Card [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there :) I'm just trying to find an update for nvidia geforce mx/mx 400, but don't know how. Can anybody find for me new update. Thanks :-=):)

Best Graphic Card in the world ATI or NVIDIA [ 2 Answers ]

I am in dilemma to know which is the best graphic card between ATI and G- FORCE and about to buy a new graphic and I can invest so much money for graphic purpose.Kindly please tell me which is best card for gaming applications and rendering purpose and even tell me which is the best for video...

View more questions Search