Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Obamercial
    Hello:

Did you like it? I did. 40 million people saw it. Sean Hannity wondered where all the brass bands were. Course, Hannity is a jillionere and HIS America is doing great. That's why HE wants brass bands. But, he doesn't get that average Americans are in trouble and are very scared right now. We'll do brass bands AFTER Obama fixes what the Republicans broke.

By the way, Obama is going to spend ALL those millions he has, and that the Republicans DON'T. Should he win, the Repubs are already saying that he bought it, and/or that he stole it with the help of ACORN...

How does all this sit with you? Did you notice? He didn't wink once.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Digg commenters LOVE it: Digg - Obama's new 30 min long infomercial

My favorite comment:
    Take note that through the course of the 30 minutes, McCain was not mentioned ONCE. Very classy move. He let him, his policies, and his touching stories speak for themselves. Somehow I doubt McCain would have done the same thing...

As a matter of fact, no less than 15 minutes later on the same channel, there was a McCain ad doing nothing but slam Obama for 30 seconds. Quite the contrast.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 06:31 AM

Even the Washington Compost is beginning to recognize the fraudulent ways he is obtaining campaign contributions :

Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign is allowing donors to use largely untraceable prepaid credit cards that could potentially be used to evade limits on how much an individual is legally allowed to give or to mask a contributor's identity, campaign officials confirmed.

Faced with a huge influx of donations over the Internet, the campaign has also chosen not to use basic security measures to prevent potentially illegal or anonymous contributions from flowing into its accounts, aides acknowledged. Instead, the campaign is scrutinizing its books for improper donations after the money has been deposited.

The Obama organization said its extensive review has ensured that the campaign has refunded any improper contributions, and noted that Federal Election Commission rules do not require front-end screening of donations.

In recent weeks, questionable contributions have created headaches for Obama's accounting team as it has tried to explain why campaign finance filings have included itemized donations from individuals using fake names, such as Es Esh or Doodad Pro. Those revelations prompted conservative bloggers to further test Obama's finance vetting by giving money using the kind of prepaid cards that can be bought at a drugstore and cannot be traced to a donor.The problem with such cards, campaign finance lawyers said, is that they make it impossible to tell whether foreign nationals, donors who have exceeded the limits, government contractors or others who are barred from giving to a federal campaign are making contributions.
    Obama Accepting Untraceable Donations - washingtonpost.com

There was a woman who reported to her credit card company that huge amts . Of donations were sent by someone or groups of individuals using her card in an identity theft. She is not required to pay it back but the Obama campaign gets to keep the money.

The Obama team's disclosures came in response to questions from The Washington Post about the case of Mary T. Biskup, a retired insurance manager from Manchester, Mo. who turned up on Obama's FEC reports as having donated $174,800 to the campaign. Contributors are limited to giving $2,300 for the general election.

Biskup, who had scores of Obama contributions attributed to her, said in an interview that she never donated to the candidate. "That's an error," she said. Moreover, she added, her credit card was never billed for the donations, meaning someone appropriated her name and made the contributions with another card.
    When asked whether the campaign takes steps to verify whether a donor's name matches the name on the credit card used to make a payment, Obama's campaign replied in an e-mail: "Name-matching is not a standard check conducted or made available in the credit card processing industry. We believe Visa and MasterCard do not even have the ability to do this.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 06:46 AM

The ad itself reminded me of one of those infomercials for supplements that promises you the world but on closer inspection only deliveres trace amts. Of the actives.

But Chris Matthews orgasm ("it was Hollywood, it was romance".)left stains on the ceiling so maybe it was effective

THE SPIN: "That's why my health care plan includes improving information technology, requires coverage for preventive care and pre-existing conditions and lowers health care costs for the typical family by $2,500 a year."
    THE FACTS: His plan does not lower premiums by $2,500, or any set amount. Obama hopes that by spending $50 billion over five years on electronic medical records and by improving access to proven disease management programs, among other steps, consumers will end up saving money. He uses an optimistic analysis to suggest cost reductions in national health care spending could amount to the equivalent of $2,500 for a family of four. Many economists are skeptical those savings can be achieved, but even if they are, it's not a certainty that every dollar would be passed on to consumers in the form of lower premiums.
    ___
    THE SPIN: "I've offered spending cuts above and beyond their cost."
    THE FACTS: Independent analysts say both Obama and Republican John McCain would deepen the deficit. The nonpartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates Obama's policy proposals would add a net $428 billion to the deficit over four years—and that analysis accepts the savings he claims from spending cuts. The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, whose other findings have been quoted approvingly by the Obama campaign, says: "Both John McCain and Barack Obama have proposed tax plans that would substantially increase the national debt over the next 10 years." The analysis goes on to say: "Neither candidate's plan would significantly increase economic growth unless offset by spending cuts or tax increases that the campaigns have not specified."
    ___
    THE SPIN: "Here's what I'll do. Cut taxes for every working family making less than $200,000 a year. Give businesses a tax credit for every new employee that they hire right here in the U.S. over the next two years and eliminate tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. Help homeowners who are making a good faith effort to pay their mortgages, by freezing foreclosures for 90 days. And just like after 9-11, we'll provide low-cost loans to help small businesses pay their workers and keep their doors open. "
    THE FACTS: His proposals—the tax cuts, the low-cost loans, the $15 billion a year he promises for alternative energy, and more—cost money, and the country could be facing a record $1 trillion deficit next year. Indeed, Obama recently acknowledged—although not in his commercial—that: "The next president will have to scale back his agenda and some of his proposals."
    ___
    THE SPIN: "I also believe every American has a right to affordable health care."
    THE FACTS: That belief should not be confused with a guarantee of health coverage for all. He makes no such promise. Obama hinted as much in the ad when he said about the problem of the uninsured: "I want to start doing something about it." He would mandate coverage for children but not adults. His program is aimed at making insurance more affordable by offering the choice of government-subsidized coverage similar to that in a plan for federal employees and other steps, including requiring larger employers to share costs of insuring workers.
    ___
    THE SPIN: "We are currently spending $10 billion a month in Iraq, when they have a $79 billion surplus. It seems to me that if we're going to be strong at home as well as strong abroad that we've got to look at bringing that war to a close." These lines in the ad were taken from a debate with McCain. THE FACTS: Obama was once and very often definitive about getting combat troops out in 16 months (At times during the primaries, he promised to do so within a year). More recently, without backing away explicitly from the 16-month withdrawal pledge, he has talked of the need for flexibility. In the primaries, it would have been a jarring departure for him to have said merely that "we've got to look at" ending the war. As for Iraq's surplus, it's true that Iraq could end up with a surplus that large, but that hasn't happened yet.

Obama's prime-time ad skips over budget realities
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 07:09 AM
    McCain has spent the last three months focusing on Obama. Obama spent those 30 minutes tonight focusing on AMERICANS
    McCain supporters can only ever talk about Obama, never anything positive about McCain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 07:15 AM

Elections are often bought to the highest bidder, from local sheriff races to national ones,

For example that is why excon and I can't run for office we are poor, and don't have a large funding program behind us.

excon maybe a new non profit, excons and criminals for change, but then no one would be surprised when they break the voting laws and the such I guess.

But then what is amazing with all the millions extra being spent, the margain of polls is still fairly close. Similar to the leads the democrats had in the last election polls four year ago
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Still hoping for a Ron Paul write-in win. :)
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Oct 30, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    McCain has spent the last three months focusing on Obama. Obama spent those 30 minutes tonight focusing on AMERICANS
    McCain supporters can only ever talk about Obama, never anything positive about McCain.
    Yep, all Americans except for babies, born and unborn, who apparently have no rights. He disgusts me. Oh, I forgot, that's "beyond his paygrade" Sick!

Oct 30, 2008, 07:31 AM
    The fact that McCain is everything Obama is not, IS positive!
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley0716 View Post
    Good luck with your candidate and his campaign!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Hello ashley:

So, how come YOUR state, a very conservative state, is going to vote for Obama? Could it be that those centers of higher learning in Charlotte are full of elitists and abortionists?

excon

Oct 30, 2008, 07:40 AM

What has that got to do with how I feel? By the way, I live in GA, NC is my home of record before the military got my family. And the part of NC that I'M from is very very very conservative. It would be safe to say my county and the 10 surrounding ones, are primarily Repbulican. Charlotte doesn't account for the whole state. Look at a map, ex!
    purplewings Posts: 145, Reputation: 24

Oct 30, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Yep, all Americans except for babies, born and unborn, who apparently have no rights. He disgusts me. Oh, I forgot, that's "beyond his paygrade" Sick!
    You really touched on a sore spot with me too. A supporter not only of abortion but of partial birth abortion. Can you imagine what is done to a baby ready to be born?

Obama has played up to the poor urban folks for votes while living in a million dollar mansion himself. Not much different than the Rev. Jesse Jackson or Rev. Jeremiah Wright. He is all things to all people. :eek:
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewings View Post
    Obama has played up to the poor urban folks for votes while living in a million dollar mansion himself.
    How many houses does McCain have?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 11:54 AM

I still agree with ashley on the "above my paygrade" comment. Obama used six times the words that McCain used to answer the same question... problem is, Obama never answered. He used eloquent words and got around it.

Is the man educated? Absolutely. Does he have good ideas? Without a doubt. Does he explain how he's going to work all of this magic on our economy? Nope.

Oct 30, 2008, 12:23 PM
    How many houses does McCain have?
    McCain has a wealthy wife. Is that a crime? I guess he can have as many homes as he wishes. Obama is a poor boy from a poor mixed family who made it big time. Just a little difference in those two beginnings.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 30, 2008, 12:26 PM

Ex, do you REALLY believe that all that 300 MILLION dollars came from working, middle class workers? Or from those on welfare? Wake up! Try to find out who is trying to buy the White House.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewings View Post
    McCain has a wealthy wife. Is that a crime?
    Is having a million dollar house a crime? Especially since he didn't marry rich, he earned it. Plus we won't even go into the details of how McCain hooked up with the rich wife. That's just disgusting.

Oct 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Is having a million dollar house a crime? Especially since he didn't marry rich, he earned it. Plus we won't even go into the details of how McCain hooked up with the rich wife. That's just disgusting.
    You think he earned it but I've not been able to find any record of his past jobs before becoming a Senator on the bank rolls of George Soros, Tony Rezko and William Ayres (the mad bomber from the 60's) I don't think a volunteer community organizer makes money. Amazingly Obama, with his poor white grandparents help was even able to attend Harvard. Hahahaha

People are so silly to believe this bunk!
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 01:15 PM
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Every ad I've seen on TV for McCain has just bashed Obama. Are there any where he focuses on what he wants to do or is every ad the same?

And Ashley, have you ever heard of rape? Or lethal conditions that would kill the baby and/or the mother? That's the reason we need to have choices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search