Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHRISTINE SONTE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Aust resident seeking divorce, can I be deported
    I have been an Australian resident for 44 years and married for 26 years. II am seeking a divorce and am worried that I can be deported as I am not an Australian citizen. Can anyone confirm if this is true, please.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 07:20 PM

If you have legal status in Australia (being a permanent resident, not illegal alien), divorce does not jeopardize your legal status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does getting a divorce affect my Permanent Resident Status? [ 4 Answers ]

I came as dependent to my wife in Canada. Now we are planning divorce. After I divorce here, does that change my status as a permanent resident? Do I have to apply again for myself to come back to Canada, if I will travel for a short vacation?

Resident status after divorce? [ 1 Answers ]

I was married for 5 years with US citizen, and have a permanent resident VISA status that was acquired from marriage. I'm now divorcing and want to know what are the implications to my VISA status. Do I have to file any forms to immigration department during the divorce? I live and work in US, and...

Can a permanent resident be deported [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Monica and live in S. Florida. My kids dad is serving 3 years for a drug/trafficking/possession charge. They put a immigration hold on him & he can't go on work release, or go work on outside grounds to work:confused. He is originally from Jamaica & is a permanent resident. (Of...

E3 holder returned unexpectedly to Aust confused about tax return. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I and our young son moved to NY city in 2006 with the expectation of saying several years. My husband obtained an E3 visa and I was not working. Due to family illness, we abruptly terminated our stay after six months. We are hoping that we can claim back some of the tax we paid over...

If I get marry a resident and I try to do my papers can I still get deported? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is a resident... she haven't get her permanent residence yet... she will get it at the end of the year... I want to know if I get marry her and I try to do my papers can I get them?even thou she is a resident and what it would happen if emigrations try to deport me ( for any reason)...

View more questions Search