Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aroslinger1 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Old furnace woes
    First of all thanks for quick response
    Do I use sand paper to clean pilot orifice?
    And where is the thermocouple located and are they universal?

Thanks again
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
    do I use sand paper to clean pilot orifice?

No you usually have to use a small hair size piece of copper stranded wire. The hole is very small.

where is the thermocouple located and are they universal?

Right next to the pilot. Usually universal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage woes [ 21 Answers ]

I have been married for nine years. I have three children under the age of 8. I feel like I want a divorce, however, I am scared. For the past several years, my husband and I go through this cycle. We get along great for a couple of months, and then if I get him angry, he decides to stay out...

Old furnace woes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 30 year old furnace (coleman) in my mobile home It has a screw off cap to light pilot When I open it it has a strong draft pulling through the furnace But when I do get the pilot lit and get the thing fired up it will not stay lit (the main burner) for too long, some times it works...

Tub woes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a moen push/pull knob that will not completely turn off. A slow but steady stream runs all the time. The pull for water works fine but when you push for off it is kind of hard to push in and does not completely turn off. What can I do?

Carrier furnace woes [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Steve and I have a carrier 58PAV111 electronic ignition furnace that is giving me grief! The story... burners shut down and blower continues to run. LED code is 13. If we shut down power and let it sit for 5 minutes (as the instructions say) it will reset and run just fine or a...

Transmission woes [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 chevy silverado is stuck in park.there wasn't much warning.trans was shifting fine.had been a little hard to get out of park a few times,especially parked ona slope.I rocked the truck back and forth,checked linkage,even picked rear wheels off ground.any ideas?

View more questions Search