Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronnieca1955 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Faux painting
    I'm painting and faux painting someone's bathroom and her tile is blue with a burgundy border tile at the top. She wants to make the base coat sort of a light burgundy and she wants me to sponge on true dark burgandy. My question is, what other lighter colors would go good instead of these very dark and gloomy colors in a small bathroom.

Thank you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2006, 05:34 AM
    I think a yellowish tan would go nicely with the blue and burgundy.
    Honeyshay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2006, 08:28 PM
    I'm an interior designer and would recommend painting the base coat a ice blue and ragging a white/blue (in the white paint selections there are whites with color tints) over it.
    Make sure to add glaze to the top coat :50% glaze and 50% paint. There is also a technique called frotage which can be achieved by taking a large piece of saran wrap (crumple it up, then open it up and lay over the glaze/paint coat - then remove and repeat (you can also use crumpled paper) Good luck!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 6, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Pale pink does well with burgandy if its in the same red to blue ratio as the burgandy is. Hard to say how well it would go with the blue without knowing the shade of blue. Then the blue can be picked up in the accessories. Pink makes for a nice ambient light in a bathroom too, which helps if one is applying cosmetics in there too? If you aren't sure, purchase a pint can and paint a patch to test it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Covering asbest shingles with faux/synth rock [ 4 Answers ]

I just got off the phone with someone from JPJ Technologies who said that I could cover the asbestos shingles with faux/synthetic rock, or brick panels. The problem is that the cost is $950.00 for a 12 DVD training course. I gather that the price covers the DVDs, and printed materials only. Is...

Painting Fun! [ 3 Answers ]

Here's a place where you can indulge your inner abstract expressionist: move your mouse to splatter virtual paint and click to change the color. To create a hard copy, right-click on the "canvas" and select Print. Painting Fun I am not printing mine out and showing it to anybody. Let's just...

Painting [ 3 Answers ]

Can I apint on treated wood?

Painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting that has paris etching society ny usa at the top and I believe the name is Diane Emmla Leconte. Can you tell me if she is a artist and if so how much is the painting worth?

Faux stone paint and painting safely from roof [ 3 Answers ]

I've heard there is a paint on the market that is suppose to simulate stone (for exterior purposes). Do you know the name and where I could find it? Second question: I'll need to get up on my roof to paint a section of my house. The roof is steep. What is the best method to use for support?...

View more questions Search