Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Lip piercing
    I've wanted to get my lip pierced for awhile but worried what it would do to my teeth and gum's.
    Is it really going to effect them in away if I was to get it pierced?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 10:34 AM

Well, I do know that a tongue barbel will chip the enamel of your teeth away. A lip piercing is somewhat different in size, but it still rubs your teeth.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 11:23 AM

It's different for everyone. I had both my lip and tongue pierced for a few years and my dentist was always telling me to take it out, saying that I could crack my teeth and so forth. I never really had problems, but that's my experience; yours could be completely different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is under the right topic but it'll have to do, I want to know the dangers of getting your web pierced(the skin between your fingers) also if anyone has it pierced I wasn't to know how much it hurt. Something's I want to know are can you hit a nerve, and get paralized, does it...

Ear piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm having trouble again with my cartlage piercing. I am getting the same little gross bump near the piercing... I didn't poke it with a needle this time but it did break open on its own. I have been sleeping on it pretty much every night because I just got my industrial done on my other ear....

Lip piercing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey i want to get a new piercing and i have this damn urge to have it on my lip :) yeah i was wondering what people have done and whether they think it looks good. Im not sure whether to have it on the side or which side for that matter. Or whether i should have a labret piercing? Im a girl btw and...

Gun for piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced a year ago, with a gun, and it gets infected very often. I found information on the web about that it is dangerous to get your cartilage pierced with a gun. What do I do? Take it off? Go to the doctor?:confused:

Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a Nabel Piercing except by myself. But here's the thing: No matter how much I push, the needle whont go through my skin! What's wrong? And is it OK 2 use a earring?

View more questions Search