Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myhearthasgone Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Hair damage
    My hair is long... near the waist and it's quite thick so I use a straightner and it used to come quite nice but now I have damaged it :eek:! I had a treatment but it's no use. Anybody knows about any good product ?
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 09:25 AM

If your hair is down to your waist, you probably need a haircut. Tell them you want to keep it very long. This will leave the healthiest parts and trim away the less controlled pieces.

I have long hair, and a lot of it. My hair stylist pulls the scissors down through the hair, thinning it out, and creating very soft, long layers. The first time he did this I thought he was crazy, but the results are beautiful.

Long hair is only pretty if it's really well maintained. I always use high quality shampoos and conditioners. I have never professionally straightened my hair, but I can recommend a couple of products that can only help.

V05 hot oil treatments are surprisingly fantastic. Use them once a week as directed. Also, I suggest you try a conditioning hair mask. The one I'm using now is by garnier, but dove has one that I really liked, too. I'm sure they're all good (don't skimp on price here).

If you have done serious damage to your hair, you can go to your salon for a professional conditioning treatment. A home version would entail putting a lot of conditioner in your hair (after your regular shampoo), and then leaving it in for at least 15 minutes with a towel wrapped around your head. Then rinse.

Sebastian makes a silicone product that is great for putting on wet hair (just a tiny drop!), and john freida has some great hair creams too. If you want to post a picture of your hair, I can take a look and see if there's anything else I would recommend.
    krad6288 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 12:31 PM
    In all honesty, you need to get a haircut to cut off the dead ends of else your hair gets worse! Then treat it with a nice deep conditioning treatment. Try to lay off the heat with your hair, it damages it! If anything try using a chi hair straightener on your hair. They are pricy but less damaging on your hair
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 28, 2008, 07:14 AM

As sad as it may sound, you should probably cut a good amount of your hair off. It's only going to become more damaged. Generally, you should get a trim once a month to keep hair growing healthy.

Oct 28, 2008, 07:16 AM
    And Krad - no straightener is a good straightener... they all ruin your hair due to heat damage.

And to add to what I started, if you have dead ends, it's only going to "tear" up to your roots causing it so your hair will need to go near the scalp short. A split end is like a "Y" and the more it's there, and the more you blow dry, straighten, curl, brush, etc. The more the "Y" is going to rip, basically. Let your hair dry in it's natural manner, and wash twice a week, and remember to get t cut once a month - if you follow that, I bet you'll have the healthiest hair in your school.

Nov 13, 2008, 10:35 AM

I used to straighten it everyday. 7 days a week. So I decided to reduce it to 2 times in a week and it already looks a bit better.

I still need to cut it =[.
    Do you know some good sites to choose a hairstyle from? As I am bored with my style.

Nov 13, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myhearthasgone View Post
    I used to straighten it everyday. 7 days a week. So I decided to reduce it to 2 times in a week and it already looks a bit better.

I still need to cut it =[.
    Do you know some good sites to choose a hairstyle from? As I am bored with my style.
    If you know a specific cut you're looking for just Google it. Or, do a search with like: Mainstream Haircuts. Something similar to that. There are 1000's upon 1000's of sites on the internet. I bet a bunch are great. :)

Nov 14, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I found a product called Tanagra. Has anybody tried it?
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 10:52 AM

Try this treatment weekly:

2 Tbls. Olive oil
    1 tsp. honey
    1 egg yolk - beaten

-Whisk together olive oil and honey, then stir in egg yolk.
    -Apply to hair ends in small sections.
    -Wrap head with shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes.
    -Rinse and shampoo out.
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 1, 2009, 11:23 AM

One of the treatments if you have my type of hair is
    1 egg
    Peanut butter (equal to egg)
    And a little honey (about a teaspoon)

The peanut butter and egg has a lot of protein for your hair and adds shine... (the peanut oil helps with the dryness... this is what my hair dresser recommends for me)
    It really works if your hair is dry.
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 1, 2009, 11:25 AM
    By the way I have crazy white girl hair that hates humidity
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 03:07 PM

I agree with the others.
    If you have to use a flat iron make sure it is ceramic and use it very rarely.
    I use Aussie's 3 minute miracle conditioner once a month and leave it on longer than 3 minutes. In fact, for badly damaged hair, no matter what conditioner or treatment you use you can leave it on with a shower cap for hours.
    First get the dead ends trimmed though.
    fahadmak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 08:01 AM

My friend what you need is Hair Food or what we call Hair Masks. In your case I would recommend the following
    EGT UK
    EGT UK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

Does oil damage hair? *- [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is six has very dry wavy/curly thick hair even though I have very straight smooth hair. I heard that oil dries out hair even olive oil, is that true? If yes how often is best to use oil on hair and how is it best to do it? I Also heard that if your hair is curly and dry it is...

Hair damage disaster! [ 18 Answers ]

Hey Peeps, Okay So Ive Had This Hair Disaster Happen Before And I Can't Believe It Has Happened Again! I Had Long Brown Hair Past My Breasts And Decided I Wanted To Go Blonde For My Hubby. (stupid I Know) And When She Bleached It Some Was Blonde And Most Was Orange And Convinced Me To Cut Off...

Damage hair. [ 3 Answers ]

Halo0.. my hair is so damage because many chemicals I had use.. s0metimes I put it on my own.. and now I really suffer because my hair so damaged.. Almost 2 months ago,I tried hair relax(near salon in our province)and it only last for only 2 days.. And now I'm planning to use l'oreal extenso.. is...

Hot oil hair treatment( for damage hair) [ 3 Answers ]

2 Tbls olive oil, 1 tbls honey. Combine oil and honey in a small plastic sandwich bag. Fill a coffee cup with boiling water. Dip sandwich bag into water just until oil is warmed. Apply warm oil to hair, working from scalp to tips. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave in for 15 min. Wash hair...

View more questions Search