Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BabyDuke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Replacing a 3 wire GE furnace blower motor with a newer Dayton 4M098G multi speed mo
    My GE furnace blower was a very simple, 5 wire installation, which the bearings wore out on. I am now truing to convert the wiring to adapt to my older furnace, and the new motor has more wires, and different color wires, and the schematic on the motor is too simple, it does not address the additional wires, as it was designed as a multi speed. Dayton 4M098G. The box on the dayton, nor instructions, address the wire color, or proper wiring to AC, the plug or the capacitor. I have a three wire molded plug, as well to factor. My furnace is a 22 year old GE, in otherwise good running order. My old system had a red wire to medium speed, grey to high, White to capacitor from the motor, yellow to the other side of the capacitor, to the motor. How do I wire this one??
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
    The wiring diagram will be on the inside cover panel of the new motor.

The following is the standard wiring color designations for most motors:

Yellow - medium speed

White - common goes to neutral of power.

Black - High Fan at 120v

Brown/White & Brown - Run cap

Blue & Red (respectively) - Medium low and Low

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a 3-wire, 2-speed switch [ 4 Answers ]

The fan in the fume hood above my stove is broken. I believe it's the switch so I need to replace it. The whole kitchen is over 35 years old, though and the fan is a dynavent. I believe the switch is soldered and don't know how to undo it to see the wiring of the switch. The switch is a...

Frigidaire Furnace - Blower Motor Common Wire [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire furnace model # FG6RA 096C-12B. I purchased a humidifier to install and do not have the users guide for the furnace. I need to know which wire is the blower motor common wire. Thanks for all your help.

Can blower motor speed be adjusted on a Day and Night furnace ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Day and Night up flow furnace, about 13 years old. Can the blower motor speed be adjusted to a slower speed ? There is only 8 feet of duct and the noise coming out of the registers is very loud. Model # 395CAV036055 66,000 BTU Blower # 511, 1/3 hp If no one has any info, does...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

View more questions Search