Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacmale Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Do I need a license or something?
    Hello. I'm going to start taking photos for people and charging them. I was wondering if I needed a license or permit or something to do this? 'cause I don't want to end up getting in trouble for doing this. So any help would be great. (:
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:29 AM

Depending on where you live you will probably want to be licensed or at the minimum have a business license to protect your personal assets and to provide insurance. Right now, I would probably not worry too much about it is this is going to be basically a cash business.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Oct 24, 2008, 01:35 PM

In My Experience a business license doesn't provide the business owner with anything - it is a tax by the city and nothing more. The rules for licensing when you don't have a public business location (e.g. a studio) vary from place to place. Don't count on the city to give you the correct info, they usually say a license is required even when it isn't. Your best bet would be to ask other photographers in your area.
    Digipix Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Nov 4, 2008, 08:13 PM

If you want to go into business for yourself as a photographer you can get a business name, tax id number, and perhaps join a photography association. It's better to check with a government website as to setting up for yourself. You can check this out with a professional photography association. Alternatively you can ask other professional photographers in your area as to what they did when they set up their studios.
    Best of luck!
    Amy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need license [ 2 Answers ]

Yes, I would like to know if I need license to manage models in Georgia

Do I need a license? [ 2 Answers ]

If I have a two man painting crew and live in Columbia South Carolina, do I need to have a small painting business license? Also, if I charge by spuare foot, not by wall, what is a good decent price?

Do I need a License [ 5 Answers ]

I'm thinking about opening an online advertising business that is tailored to For Sale By Owners and other marketing ideas. Do I need anytype of license?

OEM License [ 4 Answers ]

OEM licensed version. Some restrictions apply There are no limitations in product's functionality, but product will lack automatic updates from vendor and retail type registration with vendor.

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search