Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samandra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Windows Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close
    I have no idea why this is happening but a few other programs have been shutting down too. My virus software is up to date. Why do my programs keep shutting down?
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Dec 12, 2008, 06:05 AM

Yours best bet would be to update your browser via windows update, for now & see what happens afterwards
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Windows Explorer is not Internet Explorer. Windows Explorer is the interface you use to browse files on your computer and/or network. If that is crashing along with other programs then you have either a software conflict (what were the last programs that you installed) or a hardware issue such as overheating.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 12:16 PM

Not to be a harbinger of doom, but I've seen escalating program crashes on a system eventually reveal a major hardware failure in progress.

Computers are like any machine, they can and do wear out, or some small but critical piece like one major component on the motherboard or a memory chip.

You can consider an IN-PLACE reinstallation/repair of your Windows OS, and if, after that, the program crashes continue, look for some hardware diagnostic tools to possibly get a hint at what might be failing. It doesn't always reveal itself when tested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Winlogon.exe has encountered an error and needed to close [ 3 Answers ]

Whenever a I try to scan with skybot (current version) this error comes up: Winlogon.exe could not read the memory at... (some numbers) Click OK to terminate the program. Click Cancel to debug the program. No matter if I debug or terminate the program, the error comes up again. I Have to...

Why does my internet explorer 7 close [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help.. I am using internet explorer 7 and on certain web sites I receive an error message that reads. Internet Explorer has incountered a problem and must close, then it ask me to send a report or don't send. Anyone know how to fix this probem? I am also...

Internet explorer encountered a problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have XP Version 7. Every time I close out my emails or close out a web site the Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and must close box appears. I went back to Version 6 and that did not happen. Reinstalled Version 7 and started doing it again. Any way I can get this to stop? Thanks! George

Prism3d.exe encountered an error [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to run a copy of 18 wheels of steel - convoy and get this error. I read all the other posts regarding this message and have pretty much come to the realization that my asssumption that even though it requires a pentium 4, my pentium 3 would work but maybe a bit slower. I've done all...

View more questions Search