Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nick22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 03:25 PM
    How to prime my water pump?
    How do I prime my water pump every time I prime it the gauge stays at 10 pressures so what do I do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 23, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nick22 View Post
    how do i prime my water pump every time i prime it the gauge stays at 10 pressures so what do I do?
    To prime a pump, look on top of the impeller housing and find a threaded 1/4" hole with a plug. This could also have a pressure gage installed in the threaded hole. No matter, turn the pump off at the breaker box and remove whatever's in there and fill the impeller housing with water until it runs out of the hole replace the plug or gage and turn the pump back on. If you can't fill the housing up to the top that would indicate a faulty check valve. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Prime a Water Tank Pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I have a. O. Smith V60 Aqua Air Water tank with a.O. Smith Pump attached to it. Pump model C48A96B67 1/2 HP Type B I have had a power outage and the person looking after the house while we were away used the water while the power was out, dropping the pressure. Now its not working. I...

Well water pump-how to Prime or bleed it? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: When running the water.. every few minutes.. it will stop for a few seconds.. and you will hear it start up again. This has just started to happen in the last few months.. and I was told it might need to be primed or blead. I have no idea how to do this! Will I need to contact...

How do I prime my water pump? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I live in a rental property with one water source that supplies 2 units. Our power went out today and now the water does not work. The pump will need to be primed now to get the water running again, but I'm not sure how to do that. I cannot get in touch with the landlord right now and I...

Water pump will not prime [ 2 Answers ]

My outside water pump will not prime. I loose prime every time the eltric goes out. Please help. I have no water.

Prime water pump [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know how to prime a well water pump? Thank you, Luz

View more questions Search