Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasser65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Can I get evicted from a separate tenant getting evicted
    I live in Florida and live in a house with 3 other people, one which is my brother and he has been late on rent.. the oowner wants to evict him.. would the landlord have the right to evict me just because I'm his brother
    JMERocks Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Oct 22, 2008, 07:19 PM

Yes, the eviction is for anyone living on the property. The purpose of the eviction would be to find a new tenant that would pay the rent. The only way you would be allowed to stay is if you were willing to sign a new lease with the landlord. IF, the owner would even agree to that. The legal eviction papers should have all of the details and eviction date.

Oct 22, 2008, 07:27 PM
    There is one lease and the 3 other people pay for subleasing the rooms... the other roomates aren't getting the eviction.. I am just because I'm his brother... does he have the right to evict me if we have a separate lease agreement just cause he wants to evict him for not paying

Oct 22, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nasser65 View Post
    there is one lease and the 3 other people pay for subleasing the rooms.... the other roomates arent getting the eviction.. i am just because im his brother.... does he have the right to evict me if we have a seperate lease aggreement just cause he wants to evict him for not paying

There is one lease and the 3 other people pay for subleasing the rooms... the other roomates aren't getting the eviction.. I am just because I'm his brother... does he have the right to evict me if we have a separate lease agreement just cause he wants to evict him for not paying
    JMERocks Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Oct 22, 2008, 07:40 PM

WOW! Okay, well I would say it is unfortunate but he could evict anyone at anytime as long as he gave you at least a 30 days notice filed all the correct paperwork and gave you proper notice. It really depends on the lease and how formal it is. I would say if it is a formal lease that an Attorney wrote up than he probably can. He could come up with any reason your loud, complaints from the other people at the house. I woud talk to the landlord maybe he will work something out with you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 07:45 PM

Well first who has the main lease? If the brother has the main lease, if the original lease gets broken, this can have an issue on the sub lease, ( all for them)

If the brother is merely a sub leasor, actually the main landlord is not the one to evict, it would be the person who has the lease, ** the person with the lease, is responsible for making all the paymnets, he has to deal with the sub lease people for them to pay him, and then he pays the landlord.
    *** normal sub lease

But what is your status, are you a sub leasor or a guest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who can be evicted [ 6 Answers ]

Can only one person from a family be evicted or does everyone have to be? My family and I have been living in this apartment owned by my mother for 12yrs. And now she wants my husband out because she is upset with him. We have made a few rent payment through the years but nothing much was said.

Can I be evicted? [ 2 Answers ]

My parents bought a house for me to purchase 20 years ago. I have since been living in this house and paying towards buying it. My dad has given my sister power of attorney now she wants to evict me and sell the house. There is no lease agreement nor rent agreement can I still be evicted? What...

Tenant to be evicted has requested a hearing? [ 2 Answers ]

I own property in and live in SC. I hve a tenant who did not pay June's rent. I have only been able to physically speak with her once when she lied through her teeth and told me she would have the rent the following Monday (2 weeks late). When she did not make any attempts to contact me, I sent...

Evicted tenant in asutralia [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to ask if a land lord wants to evict a tenant, how much notice should the tenant be given in NSW Australia? My friend currently stays in campus and today, he was told to leave by tomorrow. I feel that it is very unfair to my friend. They should at least give some time to...

Getting Evicted [ 6 Answers ]

Here's the situation. There's a 1 year lease with 9 months remaining. The property was sold and you have 3 weeks to get out because the new landowner is demo'ing the house. Can this legally happen? Their lawyers say there is no lease with the new landowners so be lucky you have 3 weeks to get...

View more questions Search