Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleighcooper1 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2008, 08:45 AM
    How do I tell my cousin that I've lost her Ipod?
    A few months ago- my cousin leant me her Ipod shuffle.
    I've had it for a while,
    And I recently lost it- I've looked all over and I can't find it anywhere.
    She hasn't asked for it back yet- but I know she's going to want it sometime, and I have to tell her- I just don't know how to.

Please help! :eek:
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Honesty is the best approach. Tell her immediately that you have misplaced the iPod. Then tell her your plan to fix the problem.
    1. You will look again - everywhere
    2. If you do not find it, you will buy her another. Let her know how you plan to do this - borrow the money from your parents, take an after school job.
    3. Help her to download new songs onto her new iPod.

Everyone makes mistakes. The difference is how we deal with our mistakes.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 09:05 AM

Yep. You tell her and you make it good by getting her another one. She'll feel better about you and you'll feel you did the right thing too.

When I look back on my life, it's often the things like this that I did or did not do right that form myself image. In 20 years, you'll be glad you did the right thing. And if you didn't, it will still bother you. Trust me on this one. :)
    lawrence23 Posts: 16, Reputation: -3

Oct 22, 2008, 09:19 AM
    I lent a friend a state of the art music player years ago... he told me he had been mugged for it on a London tube. I didn't really believe him but there was nothing I could do.
    I just went out a bought another one.
    Your cousin will probably do the same.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 22, 2008, 04:56 PM

Honesty is the best policy!

And I am sure your cousin won't hate you for it. You are after all family. It was an honest mistake. Sure, he/she may not be happy about it, but it is no big deal.

Just follow the advice of jj, and I am sure everything will go well.

And who knows... maybe it'll turn up!
    Bonnie46 Posts: 113, Reputation: 16

Oct 22, 2008, 05:03 PM

Yep. You'd better save up $300 - $500 dollars and purchase her a NEW one with ALL of the bells and whistles. (make sure it has lots of memory on it.)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 05:24 PM

I agree, you borrowed it and thus took responsibility for it. You ARE going to replace it, right? Start hunting around now, get a replacement and give THAT one back to her.

I know, you can't afford it.. You still have to do it. One of life's little lessons.
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Oct 22, 2008, 06:18 PM

Worst case scenario: you end up working your butt off to pay for the iPod which, in the long run, will probably benefit your personality and make you more responsible.

Best case scenario: your cousin had forgotten all about it and you guys can laugh it off. You'll probably owe her a big favor, but there's been no real damage done.

Tell her what happened. I doubt that many people would fly off the handle unless the iPod had some sentimental value or if the person is just very materialistic.
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 23, 2008, 06:24 AM

Shuffles are cheap, so just buy another one with an I'm sorry card.
    sexiilexiii313 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 07:44 AM
    You need to be straight up with her n tell her that u lost it and that your sorry... maybe u should get her another one...
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:43 AM

Bonnie46 disagrees: the "friend" SHOULD have paid for it - NOT YOU, the lender!

Not so easy to ask a friend who supposedly has just been mugged to pay for the thing taken from them. I would hesitate! Very manipulative "friend." I totally agree that the friend should have paid for it. But I would find it hard to ask unless I absolutely knew he was lying or I didn't care about being friends at all.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 10:02 AM

I know this is sort of off-topic, but it fits into the conversation so far:

Two guys are walking down an alley late one night when they notice a mugger up ahead. They turn arounf and see another mugger coming up from behind.

The first guy reaches into his pocket, takes out his wallet, pulls out some money and hands it the other guy saying, 'Here's the $50 I owe you.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It harsh to say but I don't like my cousin [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my cousin are always in competeiton Well at least she is. Like she's always trying to Brag about what she has and tries acting like she's better than me. Like why is she competing what is the prize? Like she's always saying she;s prettier just because She gots bigger bobbs than me...

Cousin with hecups [ 3 Answers ]

My little baby cousin has been having hecups every day is it serious or is it normal? What causes hecups?

Never Help Your Cousin [ 3 Answers ]

My Cousin Had No Credit History So I Took Out A Loan For Him. He Has Been Paying The Monthly Bills (not Always On Time) I Just Received A Letter From A Lawyer's Office Indicating That He Is Filling For Bankruptcy AND I'm In The List Of People And Institutions That He Owes Money To. How Will...

Cousin David [ 3 Answers ]

Something my dad was telling me the other day made me think of this. I had a favorite cousin named David wood Jr. He wasn't my blood cousin but that did not matter to me. In 1998 David committed suicide. Everyone was torn up by this. My dad told me there were things going on in his family that we...

View more questions Search