Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Modverve Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 10:20 PM
    I don't know what to do with my life anymore
    I cry myself to sleep a lot nowadays and what bugs me is that I don't know why. I know I'm frustrated. I hate the way my life is going. I hate it that I don't have too many friends. My parents have given up hope on me and they think I hate them but I love them more than they can ever imagine. Im in the midst of very important exams and I can't concentrate. Im afraid I'm ruining my life. Ive had thoughts that the world would be better off and who'd really care if I killed myself (I have a sortof-gf but she said some stuff that hurt me recently-we're not talking for 2 days now) and I realised.. probably no one. Can anyone solve my problems? Do I need professional help? :(
    Jay Dolce Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2008, 10:27 PM
    The way that your describing this is almost scary!

I've been through this and as much as you feel alone your not!
    Believe me your not!
    Don't give up hope because things will get better!
    You don't know how many times I've thought of just ending my life and finishing what I thought was a pointless existence but you have a purpose!

It might seem corny specially if you don't believe in religion or god but try to sit down and pray one day!

One day when your alone and feel like crying when you think the world is hopeless

Just sit down and pray
    Nothing fancy nothing big

Just pray!

God will be there for you most people think there is no such thing and they say they don't feel anything but there's not ganna be something dramatic to prove he's listening!

But he is believe me!

There's a comfort in knowing some ones there for you!!
    And things may seem bleak now and they might not change for a while but they will and one day you'll wake up and know your happy! Don't give up!

Please don't think I'm crazy but it's the best advice I can give!
    lovebug2140 Posts: 49, Reputation: -1

Oct 21, 2008, 10:31 PM

You're going to pull through.. keep your head up. Everything will work itself out. Its hard to find the good in things every once in a while.. get out of town for a little while. Indulge in something that makes you happy. Everyone has hard times.. talk to someone about it.. everything will be okay :) if you need cheering up I'm pretty funny. Haha just ask if you need anything.. you always have friends.
    mcrunner Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Oct 23, 2008, 08:06 PM

I know I've gone through my stages of depression, but what gets me through them is that I keep thinking that there will be happy times later on, even though right at that moment I feel there never will be. I haven't been proven wrong yet. Even if it's just something small, you will feel happy again. It's for that reason that you must keep moving on. You live for those little moments of happiness, and treasure them with all your heart. Even if you have to go through the most horrible stages of depression first, the happy times are still worth it, at least to me. If you ever want to talk... I'm here :)
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 04:58 AM

Hi Modverve,

An answer to your question of getting help, Yes.

Depression doesn't really care if your studying for finals, driving a Mercedes, or if the sun is shining, It is what it is, depression.

The stresses you described are just a primer for deeper depression,I know,I've been there for a whole year now.

Depression also tells a person that the problem is minimal and not to seek help,that would just make you look weak and why look less than if you don't have too(and then get more depressed because you didn't get help!)

Here are a few sites to look at for identifying depression and seeking information about it:

Depression Test: Online Depression Self Test and Depression Self Assessment

Welcome to depression.com

All About Depression: General: Types, Symptoms, Statistics, Effects

Please look into these, the information might just make the changes you are looking for.

Hope to see you post more in the future,

KBC
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 08:09 AM

Are you involved in drugs andor alcohol?
    SilviaPhd Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 20, 2010, 07:21 PM

No I don't believe you do need.. I've been through this situation apart from this killing -myself- intensions- thing. Your exams might be responsible for this frustration. Last year, during my ib exams I was feeling the same way. Anxiety was killing me, I believed I would fail and that no one would ever care for me again. Focus on your studies - that's my only advise. Oh- and tell your parents more often that you love them if you feel that they don't know it. It's a very stressfull period for you to be thinking about your so-called girlfriends quotations that hurt you or the lack of friends. Just move on with your exams, study hard and when you see good results everything will feel much better.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2010, 07:17 PM

Tell your parents you love them ,although they know you do. I have a daughter in her last year of College and she gets anxious abot exams. Her Dad and I or her two sisters usually go up and have lunch with her.

Right now you are overwhelmed and I understand. Read your Bible and pray. The Lord is always listening and he wants to bear your burdens. Blessings
    trudger67 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 04:06 PM

I don't think you are like this all the time. I think you have magnified everything because you have had a blowout with your girlfriend and she isn't talking to you at the moment. It is distorted to magnify everything that is wrong, and overlook everything that is right in your life. Try writing a gratitude list of ten things a day, and every day make sure you write ten new things, no repeats from previous days.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trudger67 View Post
    I don't think you are like this all the time. I think you have magnified everything because you have had a blowout with your girlfriend and she isn't talking to you at the moment. It is distorted to magnify everything that is wrong, and overlook everything that is right in your life. Try writing a gratitude list of ten things a day, and every day make sure you write ten new things, no repeats from previous days.

The Bible says: "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life"... John 8:12
    trudger67 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2010, 04:34 PM

Amen to that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love of my life, my life doesn't make sense anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I lost mybestfriend and love of my life 2 weeks ago and I don't understand my lifes purpose anymore, we had a connection so strong this doesn't make sense, everything I did in my over the past 22 years was for me however the constant knowing we would be together, we had 3 years to go before...

I just don't know what to do anymore! [ 6 Answers ]

My issuses are no different than other people in need. I have gone through my simple times and it seems like I am always going through tough times. I Moved from North Baltimore Ohio to lexington ky because I was told there was more employment here. I am a 25 year old single mother of a 2 year old...

I really don't know what to do anymore! [ 13 Answers ]

Hey , Please help My boyfriend is thinking of breaking up with me! He said that he is unhappy with me, he feel controlled and he said he always has to think about that he will do. He says that even though I don't like the restaurant business, he want a woman who is going to back him up and...

Don't know who I am anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because...

I don't know what to do anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore. I just feel so boggled in my head. Lately everyday I want to cry or just be by myself. I think about death all the time. I am completely stressed about bills and how to pay them. About school. I feel like Im the dumbest person I class. I don't even know how Im...

View more questions Search