Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pitty mama Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Pregnancy and yeast infections
    After my husband and I are intimate I get a moderate to severe yeast infection. This has only happened since I have been pregnant. It happens EVERY time. Should I be worried? I am going to the dr.'s next week and I will ask her as well but it has been on my mind.
    EbonieBarbie Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
    This can happen during pregnancy since your body is going through so many changes. I think it happened to me when I was pregnant. You will get treated for it. No biggy!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonieBarbie View Post
    No biggy!
    Actually it CAN be a "biggy" during pregnancy.

It is possible that you and your husband are passing the infection back and forth. Not only should you be treated, but so should your husband. Out of curiosity, is your husband circumcised?
    Bonnie46 Posts: 113, Reputation: 16

Oct 22, 2008, 05:07 PM

Tell him to wash himself prior to intercourse.

J9 is asking you if he is circumcised, because he may not be pulling the skin back and washing himself properly...

Please talk to the doctor about this.
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Also, Bonnie, uncircumcised tend to harbor a fungal infection more often than circumcised men do. Whether they pull back the foreskin and wash properly or not. You see, the overlapping foreskin holds moisture... moisture breeds yeast.

Oct 25, 2008, 06:33 PM

Yes he is circumcised. A friend of mine told me that men can get a form of yeast infection as well. Is this true?
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Yes, men can get yeast infections. While it is not as common with circumcised men as it is uncircumcised, it is still possible.

If you are having continual problems, he should be treated as well.

Oct 25, 2008, 06:36 PM

Thank you. I do go to the dr on wed. (for my 2nd ultrasound YAY!! ) I will bring it up then. Thanks again
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 06:40 PM

Just a side note, eat yogurt, not flavored but plain yogurt, this will help with your yeast infections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infections? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay.. im14 and I don't have itching or burning of urination, but I have a white/ yellow discharge.. I'm pritty shure it's a yeast infection.. but the problem is how do I tell me mom? I'm really skared.. I don't want to go to the doctor I have a male doc. And he freaks me out.. my mom has tried to...

Yeast infections [ 31 Answers ]

Hey guys got a problem. My fiancé says that she is getting "yeasty" not long after we have had sex. The last few times we've had sex, I made sure to get extra special clean, but she says it happens again. I've been to a doctor to have some test done on me, but he says I'm clean. What are we...

Yeast Infections & Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I keep having reoccuring yeast infections over and over again. I was told to get the candida cleanse and take it for about 30 days. I haven't seen any results yet. I was just wondering if I can ever get pregnant? Can a yeast infection effect me getting pregnant? By the way I'm trying to get...

Yeast Infections? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had this yeast infection for a long time. I have tried monistat two times, I've tried going to my physician and getting medicine. NOTHING WORKS!! I think it's a curse, I want to know do you have any adivse on how I should go about getting rid of it.

Yeast infections [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get a yeast infection, what are some ways of preventing it, and can condoms cause a yeast infection?

View more questions Search