rpapaleo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Rebooting computer to original factory settings
    How do I reboot my computer to my original factory settings
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 04:54 PM

More info needed

Did your PC come with recovery discs or on hidden partition?

User manual avail?

What model?
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 07:15 PM

Need to boot into BIOS and reset BIOS defaults, this should work (hopefully)

Do you know how to get to the BIOS?

When you first trun on PC, look for options, such as, Hit F12, Delete or something that gives you the option to get into the bios

When turning on, get into BIOS and look for option to Reset Defaults and apply and save settings and then let it restart, hopefully this will get past this error

Post your model if you can't figure out how to get to BIOS but check above as mentioned

Oct 20, 2008, 03:03 PM
    First I want to say, Thanks for all of your help! I am going to try to boot into Bios default setting as soon as I finish writing this, I think I tried this before, this is my mom's computer, I have a G4 and I really for the life of me can't figure out why she has so many problem. Anyway she has a DELL 4700, Intel Pentium Processor 520, Windows XP... any further help would be appreciated! :)

Oct 20, 2008, 03:26 PM
    I tried to do what you told me, if I click on F2, it will take me to the setup utility-no help there, F12 is boot options, when I get into that screen, I have no options for Bios?? I have options like boot to utility partition and other junk like that. :confused :confused:
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 03:57 PM

Here is a link for your model Dell 4700

Dell Technical Support Home Page / Dell Troubleshooting Search

Follow link below on how to go back to factory settings for Dell 4700

Restoring Your Computerīs Software to the Factory Settings

Dell - Technical Support
    mahsun Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 03:23 PM

Hi thanks seahwk83 I was look for info what rebooting my PC to I got dell to thanks for the dell site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return my Gateway M-6755 to factory Settings. [ 1 Answers ]

OK, for reasons of my own I want my laptop returned to factory settings. Just like when I bought it. I'm running vista home premium, and like the tittle says it is a Gateway M-6755. There were no os restore cds when I bought it or anything like that. I've had other laptops, and they had a ctrl-f8...

Re set my laptop to factory settings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to reset a laptop to its factory setting if you have none of the original discs all I have is the laptop and want to get rid of all the excess junk on it

Computer keeps rebooting [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my old Pentium 3, cpu 730, ram 640, to my neighbours boy, apparently he has loaded hardware on that caused a conflict, I am doing a full install of XP PRO, I had XP PRO on this computer for 4 years, no problems, the XP CD loads the files etc and formats the hard drive, says it is going to...

My computer keeps rebooting [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My name is cooljames--I hope to get some answers on a self inflected wound. I unchecked some of my exec start-up files because it took my computer (HP pavilion a446x with Window XP) so long to start up windows. So the joke is on me--the computer gets passed the BIOS start-up, but...

Computer Keeps Rebooting [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post. I have an eMachines T3265. The computer is rebooting itself shortly after windows starts. I haven't installed any new software or hardware in a month and I have had no problems with the computer before today. I tried starting in last known good...

View more questions Search