Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geli07 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Relocating back to Europe ~ how to file taxes next year
    I will be moving back home to Austria in a few weeks and was wondering what the procedure is for me to file taxes next year (I was working until May 06). Can I do this from Europe?
    Is there any paperwork I need to fill out before I leave the country?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 4, 2006, 06:18 AM
    You CAN do this from Europe. You can download all the forms you need from www.irs.gov.

You will need to file a dual-status tax return. Download IRS Pub 519 from www.irs.gov to see the process. It is RATHER complicated, and you may need help. If you think you may need help, contact me by private message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes with no income [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... hope someone can help me, I am a full time student.. I live off school grants and veteran disability benefit money. This is the first time I have not received any income for a whole year. And I don't know how to file my taxes without a w2. But I do know that it is nessesary to file my taxes...

How do I file for taxes, my wife is on H4. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, here is the scenario: -I am on H1, and I have to file for my tax returns. -I got married last year, and my wife is in US since dec of last year. -I want to file her as an dependent while applying for tax returns, so that I can -get more returns then the normal returns. My question is,...

How to file taxes report for F1-OPT-H1B status [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Atlanta Tax Expert, I read most of your post responses and still have questions since my dumbness, but I will make them simple and short. I entered USA (Atlanta, GA) on 07/12/2001 as a F-1 student from PR China. My OPT started on 08/03/2004 and switched to H1-B on 08/01/2005. I joined...

Which states I should file taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am an MBA student ( on F1 visa) in North Carolina, and did my internship in New York during summer last year. I stayed in New Jersey while doing my internship. I also have income from working in school as well. Now, which states am I required to file taxes. Can you recommend some easy sites...

6th Year F-1 CPT Claim SS & Medicare taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 6th year F-1 student from China. I am doing a summer internship at a company this summer. They withheld SS & MediCare taxes from my paycheck. I am not sure if I am subject to such taxes since I am considered a RA for tax purpose after my 5th F-1 year. If I am not subject to such taxes, which...

View more questions Search