Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    silverfire Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Laptop keyboard malfunction
    My keyboard on my laptop has been giving extra characters for some time. At first I thought it was only the middle row of keys I.E asdfghjkl but soon noticed it was a few others. To make it simple the middle row gives these characters `asd5fgh6j\kl. I have made sure that the numlk key isn’t on, nor is sticky keys, my regional settings are set to US:English and I am certain no malware or virus is affecting my computer. How do I fix this?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 02:14 PM

Can only suggest to give each key a good tap (all keys) and see if still exists

Same issue, obviously the keyboard and the contacts, is it possible something spilled on keyboard

Would consider service center unless someone has been through this and can offer some other suggestions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Malfunction. Do I have a case? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't quite understand how this could have happened. I took the la[ptop a couple months ago to Best Buy for some work. They said more needed to be done with it. It came back 3 weeks later. I lost valuable school time, and failed a class because of it. That's not the reason I'm writing. I...

Laptop KeyBoard [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. I am having problems with my laptop keyboard. Because of a dusty incident.. I had to clean the keyboard of my laptop. And now is seem's to be Jammed. Well not jammed because the keys are moving but... when I type a certain key the result that I'm getting is.. DIFFERENT. When I type...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Laptop malfunction after Norton 2007 upgrade download [ 2 Answers ]

Downloaded Norton 2007 upgrade. Worked for two days. Third day computer began to crash. Email scanning messeages began appearing all over screen. Was no longer able to use my internet explorer 7 due to error "msvcrl.dll" missing. Reinstalling program might help. Microsoft was able to resolve...

Code 19 keyboard malfunction [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to ask that when I start my PC, the keyboard IS disabled. I went to the device manager and check saying that the keyboard wouldn't start because of corrupted registry.(code 19) then I follow whatever steps given by troubleshooter, it works but doesn't stay long, the symptom presist after...

View more questions Search