Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deirdrelangford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Wrong summons sent to my house
    There was a summons sent to my address for me today. When I opened the summons and read it , the summons is for someone else. How do I handle this?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2008, 10:44 AM

If this summons was for someone else, how did they address this to you using your name? Please explain how envelope was addressed or how the summons was addressed that you got this. What do you mean by it was a "wrong summons"?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 02:53 PM

Send it back to the court with a note that no one by that names lives there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My old house has gurgling pipes- what could be wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I live in a house built in 1888. The plumbing was reworked somewhere around 1992. In the past 6 months or so the pipes on the lower level have started "gurgling" whenever plumbing is used somewhere else in the house. Ie: kitchen sink gurgles when the washing machine is used,...

Court summons for debt - they have the wrong person [ 7 Answers ]

I have received a court summons that I am being sued for debt collection from a particular bank. Due to my common name, the bank has the wrong person. I have never had an account with this bank, have recently checked my credit report for fraudulent activity (didn't see anything unusual), and have...

A civil then a small claim summons was left at my house but the case does not exsist? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, About a month ago a civil court summons was left in my doorway for a credit card debt that never belonged to me. Then about two weeks ago the same law firm sent another small claims summons for the same debt. I have been checking the court listed on the summons website list of civil and...

Court Summons Delievered To Wrong Person [ 6 Answers ]

I had a summons for debt collection delivered for me to the wrong house and the wrong person. I am just wondering the validity of the summons and what my next step of action is.

Summons handed to wrong person [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, I amlooking for an answer for a family member. She had a fight with her boyfriend a couple of years ago and called the police on him (he hit her). Well Iguess they have been fine for the past couple years and they even live together. THe boyfriend found out he had a warrant from when she...

View more questions Search