Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pat P Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Briggs & Stratton 16hp ohv
    I have a Toro ride on lawn tractor. It is blowing oil through the exhaust manifold. I have already changed the head gasket and rocker arm cover gasket. It idles fine at low rpm's but when I kick it up the motor starts to blow white smoke, oil comes out the exhaust, and the engine rpm's go up and down. What could be causing this and how might I fix it.
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 07:16 PM

Replace the rings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16hp vanguard [ 11 Answers ]

I have a simplicity mower (1998) with a 16hp vertical shaft vanguard v-twin engine (303777 1111-51). Yesterday, after running the mower with turbo bagger attachment (a little extra load on the engine), for about 20 minutes, I idled back the engine and it began belching large clouds of blue/white...

Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 16HP OHV No Spark? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, Seen several threads along this line but nothing that seems to help me. I have a Briggs & Stratton Model 303777 Vanguard (on a 1994 Snapper SR170 Rider). The engine turns over well, but will not start. I am not getting any "thump" when it turns. I am not hearing any clicking from the...

16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 4 Answers ]

What could possibly cause oil to soak spark plug. What's busted to let the oil into the cylinder? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Timid Soul

Another 16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 6 Answers ]

I over oiled my 16HP briggs. I looked online for some help and changed the sparkplugs and oil. The tractor still runs, but I get white smoke out of the exhaust. Will the smoke "burn Off" or should I replace the exhaust. The engine is a 402700 B&S from 1988. Looking for some answers. Thank you.

Briggs & stratton 16hp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Cub Cadet which had a 16hp BS motor with points. It went bad so I found another 16hp BS that does not have points, it has the magnetron ignition. I am having trouble getting it to fire, is there something that I need to change to the wiring to make it fire. The magnetron engine came...

View more questions Search