Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 14, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Scared, and confused.
    This morning I went to take a shower before school like I always do. I was about to rinse the conditioner out of my hair but felt dizzy and nauseous. I decided to take a seat on the side of the tub just to relax and maybe get everything back together. I don't know what happened, but I woke up on the bathroom floor. It wasn't long that I was out, but it was enough to scare me. I don't understand why it happened. My mother and I brainstormed these ideas, are they truly possible:

1. Sinuses have been stuffy.
    They've been stuffy for a week or so now.
    2. Steam from shower was too much.
    I generally take a shower at the same "level" with the door proped and the the fan going, just as it was today.
    3. New medication (Paxil for anxiety/depression).
    Have only been taking for 4 days, so not too sure on this one.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. It truly freaked me out this morning and I really don't want it to happen again. :(
    sbowman1030 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2008, 06:36 PM

I am also on anti-depressants and have friends and family on them also. My bet is the Paxil. With anti-depressants, there are reactions like this in the first week or so. I would make a call to the doctor just to be safe. He will most likely call you and tell you it is normal.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
    It could be the paxil, but is there a chance you could be pregnant?

Oct 14, 2008, 07:01 PM

Nope, I just got off my period two days ago.

Oct 14, 2008, 07:05 PM

I should probably also let it be known that I am not very hungry, so I'm eating much, much less then my regular diet prior to medication, and I have a family history of diabetes.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 07:07 PM
    If you are having sex, there is still a possibility of pregnancy.

Oct 14, 2008, 07:15 PM

I'm sure I'm not pregnant... my family and I are rather sure it's the medication. I'm 17 and have NEVER taken an anti-depressant before, this is my first time using them, my mother said she had similar problems during her first week using Welbutrin (sp?).
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 07:16 PM
    What antidepressant are you taking? I'll look the side effects up in my PDR

Oct 14, 2008, 07:16 PM

One minor detail, this morning, I got up after a lousy nights sleep and ran to the shower. Don't know if that helps.

Oct 14, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Paxil... but the generic one, I want to say Peroxatene.
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 07:25 PM
    Give me a little to look this up. It is 9:30 pm here and I have been up since 4:30 am giving flu shots. It's time for me to get the kids to bed and for me to sleep also. But I PROMISE I will look this up for you in the morning after a little sleep.

Oct 17, 2008, 07:53 PM

Spoke to doctor - it is indeed the medication. He told me for today to not take it, and I didn't, and I felt perfect. Like I did prior to the medication. So, if this continues for one more week we need to switch medications. Whoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm scared! [ 9 Answers ]

I know this may be the wrong section, but I'm desperate for some help! I have already posted in the Adult Sexuality section, but I firgure 2 places would double my responses Here it goes: PLEASE READ! Hey everyone: Well I'm 19, almost 20, and to get straight to the point, I'm scared of...

I'm scared [ 10 Answers ]

I don't quite know how to word this so forgive me if it's a bit rambling: On last Wednesday I got a phone call from my mum, (who incidentally I consider to be one of my best friends and vica versa), she found a lump on her breast and had to go to the doctor who has referred her to the hospital to...

Pregnant,scared and confused [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old I found out at the beginning of this year that I was pregnant by this guy I have been "dating" for about 9 months now.. but this was something I didn't want with him.. I am 5 months pregnant now and he hasn't done much for me, he's happy we have a baby on the way but we never...

Scared [ 14 Answers ]

I have this probem for years, if I meet someone and this person liked me and want to go out with me I give them my phone # to get to know them but then I got scared that if I go out with them they are not going to like me like they did when I met them by accident so I creat execused to not to see...

View more questions Search