Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Millydogz Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Oct 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
    How can I motivate myself to study?
    Hi,
    I am in my final year of high school. I start my HSC (Higher School Certificate) exams soon, and I really need to study for them. The problem is, whatever motivation I had for them is gone, but I still want to get a high grade in them. Does anyone have any study tips? Any help would be great :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 12:42 AM

Hi, Millydogz!

A couple ideas that I have would be to maybe use flashcards for certain information and get together to study with friends whereby you could quiz each other.

You could also discuss your lack of motivation with your friends and see if any of them are feeling the same way so that you can be supportive of each other in your endeavors.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    LuckSeven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 11:24 AM

Your main motivator should be where you want to go in life. Do you want to get into a good university or college after high school and get a good job? Those things don't just happen without doing nothing, you have to want them enough to work hard for them. Do you want to feel really happy and proud of yourself when you see your grade or how all your hard work has paid off, and do you want your friends, family and teachers to be proud of you as well? Getting your grade is fantastic when you do well, but extremely depressing when you don't! Would you rather sacrifice the social life a bit now, work hard and get grades that will set you up for life, or would you rather waste this opportunity, end up in a dead end job and regret it for the rest of your life? Those are the sorts of questions you should be asking yourself. Also, make sure you have a good balance between studying and relaxing. Make a list of everything you want to do.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2008, 02:24 AM

Hi again, Millydogz!

We would appreciate knowing what you think about the responses/answers that you have been given already here to the question that you posted.

Thanks!
    mosag330 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 04:30 PM

The same tactic my mom used when I wouldn't eat my broccoli: Think of all the starving kids in India who want your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I study? [ 13 Answers ]

I am in grade 11, and I have a quiz tomorrow. I get easily distracted, so I usually do badly on exams. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep myself focused, and do good on tests. Any advice or help is great... thanks!:o

How do you motivate somebody? [ 8 Answers ]

I've known my boyfriend for about 6 years and he is an amazing pianist. He composes his own work and anyone that has ever hear it cannot believe that he's not a famous composer. Everyone (friends, family, and strangers alike) think he is the next Mozart. I believe it too, and I know that if he...

Study help [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good methods of studying for Science? ( like earth science ) I really need to get my grades up. Thanks for the help. :cool:

View more questions Search