Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    montecarlo42507 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Oct 11, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Second thoughts about a breakup
    So, I am a late bloomer, I did not have my first relationship until I was almost 21. I talked to this guy for about a month and a half and we dated for 2 months before I broke up with him.

We meet because he worked for my dad, he didn't have a bunch of money so my dad thought he was beneath me, but I didn't care about that. I liked the way he could put a simile on my face and make me feel like I am special. He would tell me he liked every thing about me and after a month said he was falling for me (I believed him, so I let myself fall for him too) the best thing was it had nothing to do with having sex. I told him I wanted to wait until I was married and he told me he would wait for me even though he has had sex in every relationship he as ever had. He never pushed me into doing anything more than I wanted to do

After a month and a half of actual dating he just stopped calling me. And when I would try to make plans to hang out on the weekends he would say whatever happens happens and would refuse to make plans but then when I would try to be spontaneous he would say I already made plans. So I told him I was unhappy and he said he would try to change and said if things didn't work out he wanted to stay friends if we couldn't make it work. Well we dated for two more weeks then he just stored calling me and stopped answering my calls for four days. I find out from a friend that they had been talking on the phone so I got mad and tried to call him yet again and when he didn't answer I broke up with him on the answering machine... then he finally calls me back like five minutes later and said that I had made up my mind and he couldn't change it

I have tried to call him three times since then but his roommate says he isn't home or is sleeping... I can't get him off my mind and really still have feelings for him... was I too hasty to breakup with him? Should I keep trying to be friends or should I just accept it is over he has moved on and so should I? It was such a short relationship I don't know if I am over reacting or if how I feel is normal
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Oct 11, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by montecarlo42507 View Post
    after a month and a half of actual dating he just stopped calling me. and when i would try to make plans to hang out on the weekends he would say whatever happens happens
    It sounds like you were the only one still interested in the relationship, its not worth it to put in all the effort he needs to meet you halfway. I think you would be better off finding someone who wants to be with you just as much as you want to be with them. And I think you did the right thing by breaking up with him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 08:15 PM

Should I just accept it is over he has moved on and so should I?
    That's the thing to do, as he sure ain't blowing up your phone, or breaking his neck to be with you. Take the hint!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 04:40 PM

It sounds like he had already cut himself from the relationship before you did. You don't have to be his friend because it don't sound like he want to be yours. This was your first time being with someone so take it as a learning experience and view the person actions. Move on because there are more fish in the sea. You are his lost but hiw lost is someone else's gain. You live and you learn and next time watch who you give your heart to.
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Oct 12, 2008, 08:55 PM
    By him giving you the silent treatment only meant that he wanted out but was too much of a coward to tell you himself. That's a pathetic move on his part, your probably better off without him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

Second thoughts about breakup [ 2 Answers ]

So, I was in a relationship with a guy for 1 1/2 years. We had a few 'breaks' during that time, but never officially 'broke up.' Things were going well for a few months, but some issues resurfaced in early Jan... he totally wigged out about it all... started 'sabotaging' 'us.' He started yelling at...

In my thoughts [ 5 Answers ]

About 20 years ago I had a short, but very intense relationship with a man who I knew would be moving in a couple of months. He said once that I was like the girl in the movie "Bladerunner" because I was willing to become attached to him even though I knew that he would be leaving and he thought...

Thoughts on this [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm not sure if I have found my balance on how much to call my re acquired boyfriend. Lately its only been once a day so that I don't feel like I'm bugging him too much. Do you think this is enough or not enough? Also, when I talked to him yesterday he said he missed me (which he hadn't said in...

Second thoughts [ 19 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm eighteen, I have no support from my family, I don't have a decent job, I don't have a steady, or stable home, and I'm eight months pregnant. I already picked out a nice family that will be able to spoil him, and give him everything he'll ever need. So what's the problem...

View more questions Search