Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rivernstream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Over the past week have noticed that my Grohe faucet (older model of this http://db.grohecatalog.com/upload/pdf2/32244sp.pdf) is putting out significantly less water (both hot and cold). I am not a plumber but pretty handy. I am thinking it's one of the pressure springs or some filter. Can you help me diagnose what's going on and whether this is something I can fix or do I need a pro?

Just an add on... the faucet was installed about 4 yrs ago. Other faucets in the house working fine.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 11, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Have you removed the spray head and tried the pressure then? Still no pressure? Then I'd be giving a real close look to the cartridge and pressure springs. Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 03:44 PM

Check your airater.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 08:10 PM

Grohe LadyLux: Great faucets ! Installed hundreds of them... Everybody loves them...

Just like Tom said: First, unscrew sprayer. There is flow reducing washer or plug. Either clean it or remove it for better flow. Second, as MGD77 pointed out: Make sure your aerator is clear of debris. Third - and if none of the above helped - check #6 and 8 , located under the sink. That should do...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low flow Grohe Ladylux faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get the screen out of the pull out handle of my Ladylux (not cafe) kitchen faucet. Water flow is 1 gal/min (hot and cold) and I understand that it should be 2.2 gal/min ,

Removal of Friedrich Grohe shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 14 year old home. I have two Friedrich Grohe shower faucets. Both are malfunctioning. The first has very low water flow. The other has luke warm water at high hot setting. Each faucet has a plastic ring with temperature ring on it. I would like to pull the valve on...

Hot water pressure reduced in kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

My pressure is reduced only on my hot water in the kitchen sink, I have a Delta Single lever faucet. We've been here about 2 years and all worked fine until a few months ago, it appears to be fairly new plumbing (about 6 to 8 years old) How do I repair this problem. Thank You.

Reduced pressure after turning on faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out why I have reduced pressure from my kitchen sink faucet. Initially, when I turn on the faucet, either hot or cold, the pressure is good for about two seconds, after that it reduces by approximately half. I have replaced the seat and springs but that only eliminated a drip....

View more questions Search