Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stella2424 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Noncustodial parent making demands
    Does the noncustodial parent have the right to demand that I bring the child to him when it is his time for visitation? Is it my responsibility to provide transportation in order for him to see his daughter? ( his car broke down and he has no job to pay for the repairs)

I am the maternal grandmother and have joint physical custody with my daughter and joint legal custody with the father and mother. They are both under 20 years old and have a horrible time communicating.

We have gone to court a few times and no matter how much I try to make things amiable, the father is not happy. He treats people horribly and it makes me not want to go out of my way to do any favors for him.

Thanks.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 11:52 AM

It depends on what the agreement states. My husband's divorce agreement says:
    "Both parties are to work together in the picking up and dropping off of the minor child(ren). In the event that the parties cannot agree, the parent ending physical placement shall be responsible for delivering minor child(ren) to the parent beginning physical placement." So the ex-wife drops them off by us at 5 on Fridays and we take them back by 6 on Sundays. His agreement also states that relatives are allowed to pick up/drop off the children.
    sbowman1030 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Oct 9, 2008, 12:46 PM

I made a lot of mistakes when raising my children. Their father and I divorced when the were still young. If I were doing it again, I would always ask myself the following question before every decision, "What is best for the kids?"
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sbowman1030 View Post
    I made a lot of mistakes when raising my children. Their father and I divorced when the were still young. If I were doing it again, I would always ask myself the following question before every decision, "What is best for the kids?"

Excellent advice - right to the point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a noncustodial parent have the right to give up their child [ 1 Answers ]

Can a noncustodial parent give up their rights to a child even if the mother don't want him to? What can he do about giving up his rights in the state of Texas?

About a noncustodial parent [ 7 Answers ]

My name is brandy and I am the custodial parent an dmy son is a month old and me and his father is not together any more and I do not work and nor do he and I don't want to be bother with him because he's very disrespectful and I will like to take him to court and give him visitation rights and...

Paternal rights for noncustodial parent [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 22 yrs old and have a year and a half yr old daughter. Her father and I dated for sometime but are no longer together and don't speak either. His name isn't on the birth certificate and he has only seen her once when she was four months old. Does he have any rights?? Once paternity is...

Custody battle with an inconsistent noncustodial parent [ 2 Answers ]

My ex was never consistently their for my son. He didn't even meet him until he was 3 years old. We had no contact with him for the first two years, the next year had some spaced out in consistent phone calls. When he did finally visit my son I had to pay for half of his plane fair and house and...

Child lives with noncustodial parent do I have rights? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has been staying with her father for 4 years,he has a court order to pay child support.He is taking me to court for custody of her.I recently moved into a larger home with my boyfriend so I have room now.The new wife he has has smacked her in the face twice and threw her out (12 years...

View more questions Search