Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenriek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Child support and extra curricular activities
    I live in New York on Long Island divorced in Suffolk County. My divorce agreement states that my ex and I opt out of basic shild support because I give her an additional $250 per month above the agreed upon child support each month. My ex states that I am still obligated to pay for extra curricular activities like dance, sports, as well as toiletries, school clothing and supplies. Can you clear up what constitues basic child support and if in New York State the non sutodial parent is obliged to pay for extra curricular activities

Thank you
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 02:13 PM

If she is getting an amount that exceeds what would be normal for this case that should cover the activities. Its supposed to be a shared experience so if she is also putting in her $250 or portionshe would owe towards it then she has no place to gripe. You may want to examine closer the papers you have concerning this and have a lawyer explain it to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Extra-cirricular activities reqired [ 1 Answers ]

I am a B.Tech student in Indian School of Mines University ,Dhanbad ,Jharkhand and pursuing Petroleum Engineering. It was recently ranked 9th in a list of top engineering colleges in India which came out in Outlook.It takes admissions through IIT-JEE.It is the best university in india for an...

Extra Child Support Payment [ 9 Answers ]

If a non-custodial made a payment that is more than court-ordered per month, does it count as future payments or as an extra payment in good faith?

Add Extra Support to Table [ 3 Answers ]

I have a simple coffee table and would like to place a heavy TV on it. I'm not sure the table will support the TV as is and would like to know what I can do to give the table extra support. The table is rectangular with four legs, no shelves or drawers.

View more questions Search