Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anongirl17 Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Really worried about what's going on "down there"
    Saturday night: Lost my virginity (with protection, no bleeding and it wasn't at all painful)

Monday night: Period started and I started my first pack of contraceptive pills

Tuesday night: Severe burning sensation when urinating and then feeling that I need to go again even though my bladder is empty. This is still happening now (Wednesday evening).

I read on the internet that it helps the burning to urinate when standing in the shower, so I did that (wearing a tampon)... and noticed small bloody lumps of something in the urine :confused:
    Looking back, although I have been wearing a tampon when urinating through last night and today, there was a small amount of blood on the tissue. I put this down to tampon leakage until I saw the blood in the shower, when it occurred to me that it was in fact coming from the urine.

I don't know whether to put this down to starting the pill or something else, such as an STI (although I'm sure it can't be that because we used a condom). Or is it something more serious?

I'm really worried about this. Any advice would be very much appreciated!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 09:39 AM

Blood could have been a leak from tampon. Sounds like a uti. Go get checked out.
    brittykitty Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 01:55 PM

Since you were a virgin and you had sex its normal for the hymen skin to come out of you, sometimes it can take a few days. This is have what I have learned anyway. And having sex can bring on your period early. You may have a bladder infection as well because I know I got one when I first had sex. The burning sensation seems like the clue, but id go get checked out in case. :)
    brittykitty Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 01:57 PM
    The pill also has a lot of weird effects if it doenst agree with you. Id get checked out for sure.
    E21 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Definitely sounds like a urinary tract infection (not an std). Increase your water intake, start taking Vitamin C and cranberry pills or drinking cranberry juice. It should go away within a week. If not, go get checked out by a doctor.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 07:59 PM

I wouldn't wait a week.

Any infection should be seen to by a doctor. UTI's can become very bad, to the point where you end up in the hospital. Home remedies like cranberry juice and vitamin C don't always work.

Please see a doctor and get this checked out.

Good luck.
    mcrunner Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Oct 27, 2008, 05:09 PM

I would say it's a bladder infection. The first few times I had sex, the same thing happened to me. I would just drink cranberry juice every chance I got, and it went away within a few days every time. But that might not work for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

Want to end first "relationship" after divorce - worried about kids [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 33 year old mom of three kids, 7 yo twins and an 8 yo. We moved to a new state after going through a very difficult year-long divorce from their father (we were married for 13 years) I started dating someone I'd been communicating with on line for about 3 months and met after he moved...

View more questions Search