Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missingpieces Posts: 70, Reputation: 6

Oct 8, 2008, 01:21 AM
    No money, hard to get a job, my credit is suffering and I'm only in college!
    I think I just need to vent more than anything here, or feel like I'm not the only one, which I know I'm not, but still...

I am only 20, a junior in college, my first year at a university I LOVE- just transferred in.

I am paying off credit card debt already, yes I know I'm young they got me now I'm dealing with it. But it wasn't all stupid stuff, it got my dog 2 surgeries for his eyes, poor little guy is such a trooper!

Anyway, I have now been declared delinquent by 2 different companies, one a credit card and another an old hospital bill from over a year and a half ago that I am still paying off (did I mention I don't have health insurance because I can't afford it?) I am freaking out, my parents don't know but my mom suspects my credit is bad. They are in financial crisis which is why I am desperately trying to find a job... in orange county... good luck right? One guy on craigslist told me he got over 100 resumes in a day and a half! (Good luck to the other 99 people!. seriously, it's hard for us all, I'm not being sarcastic)

I am trying to work with different companies I owe money to in order to make payment plans I can afford, which isn't much, and just trying to deal with it all without my head exploding. My boyfriend is the only one keeping me sane saying it can all be fixed, not right now but in the long run it will be OK. Got to love him :)

Well, I guess that's all. Anyone have any advice to keep sane? It's not like all these creditors are the friendliest of people.
    vexation Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 8, 2008, 02:26 AM

Hello
    It seem that you are doing things right first you have to find a job - you need money coming in - don`t do anything stupid
    To keep sane well do not forget about all that is good in your life
    - hard work is always rewarded - maitain the course

Oct 8, 2008, 08:50 AM

I don't plan on doing anything stupid for money, I'm trying to get a job at school or as an office assistant or something like that. Thanks though. I do try to remember the good things, sometimes its hard, but my dogs help me feel better when its hard like that, they are such sweeties
    vexation Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 9, 2008, 02:26 AM

Hi
    Sorry I did not imply that you would do something stupid for money .
    What I meant was do not to something stupid with the money you have
    Careful spending
    Money could be the most difficult tool in life as to learn how to use it and truly - the more you have the more more difficult it gets if a person does`nt have their head on straight
    Knowing what you need over want in life is good
    Be patient - work hard - it will get better
    jsingh009 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 02:55 AM

1) Get a job.
    2) learn about interest rates and how credit card works (or screws us)
    3)find out what is the interest rate you paying on your credit card.
    4) pay off the higher interest rate card first.
    5) once your cards are paid off, only charge the amount that you can pay off when the bill comes.
    6) enjoy life! :)

Oct 27, 2008, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jsingh009 View Post
    1) Get a job.
    2) learn about interest rates and how credit card works (or screws us)
    3)find out what is the interest rate you payin on your credit card.
    4) pay off the higher interest rate card first.
    5) once your cards are paid off, only charge the amount that you can pay off whn the bill comes.
    6) enjoy life! :)
    I have a problem with 1 and 6, because 1 is about as hard as it can get at this current time and that's causing trouble with 6

Thanks though, I just wish it were as easy as doing 1-6

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College Student Looking to Invest - Where to Put My Money? [ 9 Answers ]

Like the title says, I'm a 19 year old college student looking to invest what money I've saved over the last year or so. I've managed to save roughly $10,000 to put towards investing (planning to eventually use it for a down-payment on a home), but my question lies in where to put my money. I...

Hard college [ 2 Answers ]

5 cards are dealt from a standard deck of 52 card. What is the probabilty of begin dealt an ace and four kings?

College money [ 2 Answers ]

For a student with no credit and a parent with bad credit, what is the best way to get college paid for with out any hassels or red tape? Time is of the essence. I need proven info that is guaranteed to work. Need help right away! Thanks!!

Any ideas for money so I can go to college? [ 20 Answers ]

Hey I'm a freshman in college going for my bachelor in English. I'm looking to become a teacher in New York. The problem is that my school refuses to except any federal loans that aren't through the school itself. My parents haven't paid their taxes though and in turn, the school refused to give me...

How harmful is filing bankruptcy to your credit after already suffering a foreclosure [ 3 Answers ]

Moved out of my home into a rental because I could no longer afford mortgage payments. Put my home on the market and continued making payments for 10 months, hoping to keep my good credit intact. After 10 months and no sale of home, have incurred substantial credit card debt due to paying both...

View more questions Search