Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabrewolf1001 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Bryant Plus 80 Code 33
    I have a Bryant Plus 80 that is throwing a error of 33 (limit or flame roll out switch is open). The last time this happened was because the hot surface igniter was broken (frequent problem as my furnace has a tendency to short-cycle). I had picked up a couple extra ones so I had them on hand to replace. Nothing. Still flashes 33. I know there are manual reset buttons, but I only found one at the very top of the furnace, and that didn't reset anything that I could tell. The wiring diagram imprinted on the furnace cover says that the resets are inline with a red wire, but I traced the whole wire and it is just a wire. I checked a manual online, but it didn't quite match my furnace (ie- there is nothing where they said a reset should be, and the schematic is backwards to what mine is). I did disconnect the power for about a half hour, and that didn't reset it either. So now I am really kind of stuck here and any help or advice would be appreciated!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 03:57 AM
    What is the furnace doing? Nothing or ?

If it is starting but not burning then flean the flame sensor if so equipped.

You might check the reset you reset to make sure it is still good. A OHM meter works well to test these items. Power off and remove one of the wires then test across the terminals. Post your findings.

Oct 6, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Right, all it does is blow cold air, it doesn't even try to ignite (it is set to heat not a/c :))
    I will try what you suggested, thanks

Oct 6, 2008, 05:50 AM
    it doesn't even try to ignite

If it does not try to ignite cleaning the flame sensor will not help. Please post the EXACT model number of your unit. They made 50 different 80% units over the years and I will try tyo see if I have access to a service manual.

NOT: there could also be resets located in the right and left sides of the burner area attached to a metal side bracket.

Oct 6, 2008, 06:02 AM
    The model # is 395CAV048111, series G.

I scoured the inside of that thing for resets (I saw in a diagram where they are supposed to be, and there is nothing by the burner area), I wish I had a decent camera so I could get a couple pictures.

Again, thank you for the help :)

Oct 6, 2008, 06:08 AM
    See page two and three

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/om04-35.pdf

Oct 6, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Thank you for those docs! I had to leave for work, but I am leaving work early today to get back to working on the furnace, I will let you know how it goes. I appreciate it!
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Oct 6, 2008, 05:50 PM

One thing that jumps out at me is that you mentioned that the unit does have a tendency to short cycle. This is not a good sign. If the furnace starts bouncing off the high limit you can cause the heat exchanger to crack.

Oct 6, 2008, 09:46 PM

I got it fixed, I tested the flame sensor (the credit card sized thing near the rear of the burners- forgot what it was called after 14 hours at work :(), and it was dead, replaced it, voilą, furnace works again. Thanks HVAC1000 for the help! And MarkwithaK, I def will eventually get it checked out for the short cycling issue before something else breaks on it.

Oct 7, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Good deal that you got it going. Make sure you do check the short cycle as MarkwithaK mentioned. You want to make sure it is operating correctly or further damage can happen. If a crack does develop you will be buying a new furnace.
    aKaDate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 10:14 AM
    Hi, I have the same Furnace and my Control Board need replace I act find the part # for it. Can someone please help.

Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 383KAV code 14 - flamesout x4 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Bryant gas furnace 383KAV that is 7 years old. Currently the burners come on and then go off after a few seconds. After this happens 4x the furnace delays for 3hours. I thought the flame sensor might be dirty - but I cleaned it some and nothing came off. That didn't help. Filter...

Bryant 330AAV Code 34.every now and then. [ 2 Answers ]

Wanted to know if anyone could help me troubleshoot this problem.. This furnace will not fire up (every now and then), basically what happens is the igniter lights up, but will shut down after 5 seconds or so. It will do this three times until it goes into lock down, code 34 flashes. I reset...

What are Bryant 80 Plus Heater LED Status Code [ 3 Answers ]

What are the status codes that flash on the LED on a system that will not turn on.

Code 41 on Bryant air handler [ 6 Answers ]

Equipment: Bryant Variable Spd 4-Way Multipoise Furnace Model 315AAV060110 package with Bryant Condensing Unit Mod 38HDC060-321. Unit in Florida and issue with cooling operation. Problem start: Odor elec burn at registers. Powered off unit and called repair. Tech did shallow/sloppy diagnostic...

Bryant 310AAV code 23 [ 8 Answers ]

I found your forum after having some issues with my furnace. Age is unknown because I rent and my landlords are out of town. When I went to turn the furnace on tonight, nothing happened. House temp registering 68-69 at thermostat, furnace doesn't kick on when adjusted to 72. Fan will turn...

View more questions Search