Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BatteryPoweredStar-- Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Pondering first time?
    OKAY, so I'm not saying I am but if I was going to have sex at a party or soemthing and loose my 'V', I really don't want to get pregnant or get my parents knowing I've 'done it' I mean, everyone there uses the condom obviously!

BUT do you think I should use 'the pill' PLUS the condom or would the condom do just fine?

I was just wondering that, they didn't teach us it in sex ed.
    Silly teachers.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:39 PM

Even with the birth control pill and a condom you could still get pregnant. No form of birth control is 100% effective, even if you use two forms of birth control there is still the chance of getting pregnant.

So, are you ready to be a mother, are you financially and emotionally ready to have a child? If not, then don't have sex, it's as simple as that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteryPoweredStar-- View Post
    if i was going to have sex at a party
    :eek:

Don't you have more respect for yourself than that?

Oct 3, 2008, 03:41 PM

I know all of them, everyone I party with I've known for at least 2years or more thanks, I'm not a whore.
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:42 PM
    i know all of them, everyone i party with ive known for atleast 2years or more thanks, im not a whore.
    Not yet, but having sex with guys at parties just for kicks will quickly turn you into one, even if you know them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:44 PM
    You don't have sex at parties. Well, girls who don't have self respect do... But mature women don't.

Anyway, which one of the 3 boys from your other post were you considering having sex with?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...le-265770.html

Oct 3, 2008, 03:44 PM

I'm not like that! :| god.
    It was just a question, and nobody answered it..
    Because people I party with that have sex actually use a condom and none of them are pregnant, and they've done it many times?

Oct 3, 2008, 03:45 PM
    The one that I like.
    Because he likes me
    And we've liked each other ages!
    I've got far with him,just not sex.
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:50 PM
    im not like that! :| god.
    it was just a question, and nobody answered it..
    becuase people i party with that have sex actually use a condom and none of them are pregnant, and theyve done it many times?
    I answered your question, just because you choose to ignore it doesn't mean it isn't fact.

So, people you know use condoms and haven't gotten pregnant, well, they've been lucky so far.

If you play with fire then sooner or later you will get burnt.

You didn't answer my question. Are you ready to be a mom?

I can give you quite the list of people who used both the pill and a condom and still got pregnant. But hey, what do I know, I'm only older and wiser, lived a bit more life than you have, that doesn't count for anything when you're 15.

We can't stop you from doing what you want, but don't expect a lot of sympathy when you come back here telling us you're pregnant.

Good luck.

Oct 3, 2008, 03:52 PM

Yeah but the likelihood of me getting pregnant and keeping it is like 0.23425%
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 04:00 PM

Oh, I see. So, fool around, have sex with random guys and if you get pregnant, no big deal, have an abortion, give it up for adoption, piece of cake. Wow, the workings of a teenage mind never cease to astound me. :(

The likelihood of you getting pregnant is higher that 0.23425%, much higher, but whatever.

As for keeping it, yup, your choice, but I can guarantee that at the age of 15 your parents will have to consent to an abortion and they will know if you choose adoption.

Oh, what about an STD, not so easy to get rid of that, in fact, most are not curable and some are even deadly. But you only live once right? Just remember, you only die once too.

Oct 3, 2008, 04:02 PM

Are you american by any chance?
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 04:04 PM

No, I'm not, I'm German and I live in Canada. What does that have to do with anything? American teens aren't the only ones that get pregnant. :(

Oct 3, 2008, 04:06 PM

No, I mean, in UK they don't have to have consent to take the pill to abort a baby, I had to read it up in science for corsework.
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 04:12 PM

Have you read about what abortion entails? Have you done your research on that?

How about how you'll feel afterwards? Are you okay with having an abortion, can you live your life without regretting that decision?

Also, what about STD's, are you okay with getting Aids or another sexually transmitted disease? Condoms aren't 100% effective, there's always a chance.

Also, the morning after pill doesn't always work, just like the birth control pill doesn't always work.

You're 15, why do you care so little about yourself that you are willing to give yourself to guys at parties?

I've been there, done that, trust me, one day you will regret it, I did.

Oct 3, 2008, 04:15 PM

But isn't tat you?
    Is that me?
    Yes, I could live with it, it's the least of a worry right now.. baby, ruined life.. no baby, living.

Hm
    I like the second idea
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 04:22 PM

Or, wait to have sex, no possibility of baby, no possibility of ruined life, no worries about STD's or a bad repuatation.

Ya, that was me, and if you do what you're planning, it will be you, that's a fact.

It's your life, I can only do so much to try and make you understand that the path you're planning on taking is a dead end. In the end it's your choice, you have to live with it, not me.

I realize that you're 15 and think you know everything and think that nothing bad will happen to you, that's why it's good to listen to older people about things like this. We've all been 15, and somehow we lived to tell about it, some of us have scars, others were lucky enough to listen to older wiser people and ended up with no scars.

I have scars, and I regret that I didn't listen. But hey, the choice is yours. One day you'll realize that we were only trying to save you some pain and heartache, hopefully you'll be okay, but it's unlikely that you'll come out completely unscathed if you continue down your chosen path.

I'm done, I'd rather bang my head on a brick wall, I think I'd have more luck.

I wish you all the best, I truly do. Too bad I couldn't get through, but I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

Oct 3, 2008, 04:24 PM

Thank you.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Oct 3, 2008, 05:07 PM

Yeah, is this your first time? If it is, I really suggest you not sleep with some guy you have liked for a while at a party... Just because everyone else does it doesn't mean it is okay. I agree all the way with Altenweg, she is older and wiser than you and she knows what she is talking about. I know MANY people who got pregnant when on the pill and condom, thankfully they were emotionally ready and old enough to have a child, you.. not really. To answer your question, if you have sex and your not ready to be a mom the pill won't 100% pervent that... neither will a condom. Good luck though.. and make the right choices, you know what they are.
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 06:17 PM

Batterypowered, I have one big concern. In one of your threads you claim to be 15, in another you claim to be 13. Now, either one is too young to have sex, but if you lied about one thing I'm wondering what else you aren't being truthful about.

We do check other posts when we deal with teens on this site, many times it helps us to answer their questions and concerns. It's really to your benefit to be completely honest with us so that we can give you the best advice possible.

Barbiechick is right, listen to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student dependent visa UK, Full time or Part time work? [ 26 Answers ]

I have student visa of UK and I study in university. My wife recently came in London. She has student dependent visa. She doesn't study. Can she work full time? How many hours she can work? Thank you

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Will husband just get time served or added time to probation [ 11 Answers ]

My husband's not being extradicted on probation violation. But will they add more time to his probation, or get time served or more jail time for new misdemeanor charges of canabis and pharapharnalia? So lost any info or some similar experience would be helpful thanks can't sleep until I know until...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

View more questions Search