Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnljones1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Water seeping into food disposal wiring compartment
    Hi, I've got a 1 yr old Badger 5 food disposal that has water seeping into th AC wiring compartment (on the bottom). The water is apparently seeping from the interior housing. When attempting to turn the disposal on/ pressing the reset I noticed a small puff of smoke coming from where the AC cord enters the disposal. Any suggestions on where the problems originating or repair suggestions? (the disposal will not turn on// after pressing reset using allen wrench to rotate motor it will only humm).
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 10:38 PM

Cnljones1 - turn the breaker off as fast as you can, yhis can srart a good fire. You just as well go get a new dispolsal, that one is shot I would say that the caseing has a break in the bottom or the side, I have never seen anyone repair one. While working on it leave the circuit breaker off. There's is a small plaetic that has to be knocked out while getting it ready to be installed, Good luck & GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Oct 3, 2008, 12:23 PM

Thank you for the quick safety/ technical advise. When I initially noted the water, I unplugged the unit straight away. Your counsel on the issue of my unit being beyond repair is much appreciated. I didn't see any "handy home repair" access points on the unit & I'm sure it's that way for a reason. I've written insinkerator & hope they'll honor there "in home" 2 year warranty. The unit is less than a year old. Wish me luck & thanks again.

Oct 3, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Comment on Flying Blue Eagle's post
    Yes
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 06:45 PM

Cnijones1 -Glad to of been helpful, all of us on this site try to be this way, I would say that they will live up to the warranty,But there are times that they do try to get out of one, Just stand your ground Heers wishing you the best of luck and no hassel. Have a very good day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 09:49 PM

Cnijones1 - How did you come out on the bvadger food disposel. Did they live up to the in home 2 year policy// Im hopeing so :: Have a very nice day & GOD BLESS ;;F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water seeping from wall [ 1 Answers ]

5-10 minutes after my kitchen sink drains water seeps from under the wallboard on wall that is at end of counter 5 feet from sink. Sink drain pipe goes through that wall. Stack was snaked 6-8 months ago. First times it happened the stench was similar to dying animal but now water doesn't stink....

My food disposal suddenly dead [ 7 Answers ]

My food disposal sunndely dead. If Allen wrench and pushing the red reset buttom did not help, what was wrong. By the way, when I turn on the power, there was no any humming noise, no any reaction. If the motor dead?

Food waste disposal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The situation is a food waste disposer; badger 5 plus-3, when it runs it sounds like a loose screw is rattling. Upon further inspection, looking down the sink drain, I noticed two shiny (compared to the rust colored surroundings) metal things that seem to be held in place by a rivet or it...

Kitchen sink/disposal shoots out yucky water and food! [ 3 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house (built in 1950). When we turn on our garbage disposal, the drains on both sides of the sink shoot out really disgusting water with a ton of food, etc. in it. It truly shoots straight up into the air and pretty much gets on everything in the kitchen! Is this a...

View more questions Search