Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    devers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Inheriting money from norway
    I have been left some money resulting from a relatives house sale in her will. She was residing in Norway and the money is to be transferred from there. I would like to know all the information the solicitors and bank will require At the moment they are asking for a swift number and for me to have my passport copied and witnessed. Where can I get this done and what is a swift number?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 2, 2008, 12:24 PM

A lot of scams revolve around people wanting to be sent money from overseas due to inheritances or foreign lotteries. A lot of it is illegal money laundering.
    They probably want your passport as a form of ID but I see no reason to give it to them or to give them any of your bank account information numbers. You would show your passport or other proof of identity to the local notary then send them a notarized form. If it's a substantial amount of money I suggest you contact an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheriting a 401K [ 2 Answers ]

I want to withdraw a 401K that was left to my by a non-spouse person. I understand that I DO NOT have to pay a penalty; is this true, and what other taxes/penalties will I have to pay. Thanks

The norway maple! YAY [ 1 Answers ]

Is the Norway Maple used for anything? Like timber, etc. Thank you for your help.

Louisiana Law on inheriting money from my deceased brother? [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited money from my deceased brother's will. I'm on disablity and I would like to know if this money would jeopardize my disability income? I'm 75 years old. I no longer file income taxes... would I have to because of this money? It's less than 50,000. Would I have to pay inheritance...

Japan or Norway ? [ 1 Answers ]

Which country is located on a peninsula ? Isn't japan an island ?

18 yr old son inheriting 80K [ 10 Answers ]

I have recently found out that my son's grandmother has left close to 80k in her insurance policy- ostensibly to me but 'for the benefit of... (my son). (this is my ex-husband's mother). My son turned 18 this feb , a month before my (ex) mother-in-law's death. Do I have any say in how or when...

View more questions Search