Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverpetals Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 08:22 PM
    What happens if I miss the first pill of a new pack, and therefore start a day late?
    I went to the pharmacy too late today, so I couldn't pick up my contraceptive pills. This is my fourth pack, so it is not the first time I am taking them. It's Sunday and I'm at the end of my period week. Because I can't take my first pill tonight, my plan was to start it tomorrow, and then once I reach the before last pill which would be the Saturday placebo pill that I would end up taking on Sunday because of the delay, I would SKIP the Sunday placebo pill(the last placebo pill), and instead start my new pack on that Sunday, so I would end up having a shorter period (6 days instead of 7) but then I would be back on track with my pills.

Okay, I hope I didn't lose you there. Anyway, that is my plan I just wanted to know if that was a good idea or not. If not, any other ideas? I would rather not wait a month, or end up having my period on a week-end or anything. So, that's why I figured this would be the best plan. Also I would rather not take both pills tomorrow, as I would probably feel nauseous.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Usually if you miss one day, you can take two the next and continue as directed from then on. If you miss too many, you would be better off stopping the pill and using an alternative birth control method until you can start on schedule with a new pack.

If missing pills is a concern, some women find it helpful to set an alarm on their phone to remind them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if I don't start my next birth control pack right away? [ 2 Answers ]

I started birth control two months ago. I just finished my second pack, but I can't afford another pack. What happens if I don't start then next one after a whole week? Can I just start it back again normally? Or do I have to take like two a day or something? Thank you!

Urgent !do I need to take another pack or Pill 72/mornin afta pill [ 10 Answers ]

Hi , Some experts out der let me know, If u make love at night like about 2 am, and have an pill 72 after getting up at 10.30 am,as soon as you take the pill if you happen to have sex once more(with in like 30 minutes from taking the pill) So twice having sex... PLEASE LET ME KNOW... if...

I miss my pill for 3 days [ 4 Answers ]

Then I took 2 pills for another 3 days, while all these I had unprotected sex and my boyfriend came inside of me, but I had light bleeding... then I stop taking the pills on week 4... since then I've been feeling light headed , nauseas, and really emotional... could I be pregnant

View more questions Search