Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 6, 2008, 10:11 AM

I would like to say, when there are thousands and thousands of dogs, purebred and mixed that have to be put down everyday through no fault of their own, why people keep breeding over and over again for monetary gain, while other dogs are dying. I sure hope your Shihtzu has had her last litter.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 8, 2008, 08:02 AM

My dogs puppies are only going to some of my family members(my sister, my aunt, my mom) and we are keeping the fourth one. They are not being "sold." I would feel bad not knowing where they ended up. I have taken in so many rescue dogs/cats and I try so hard to find them good homes, but in the end I never know. I make the potential owners sign contracts, I check out their home, and makethem give me updates (in the contract) for 6 months. But in the end I still worry if the dog/cat are happy and healthy. All my pets and future pets have and always will be from shelters and pounds. Just like Starbuck I am also hoping that your shihtzu has had her last litter. After my experience with my dog, I will be making sure every future animal of mine will be getting fixed asap.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Oct 8, 2008, 08:04 AM
    She is now carring for all her puppies. She moved them from her whelping box to my closet. I'm waiting for their little eyes to open, but right now they are all chubby and look like little guinea pigs.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 9, 2008, 01:58 PM

Yes they are adorable. Glad to hear you are such an animal lover!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 9, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1025 View Post
    She is now carring for all her puppies. She moved them from her whelping box to my closet. I'm waiting for their little eyes to open, but right now they are all chubby and look like little guinea pigs.
    That's so cute, and maybe she just wanted to bring them to a place close to you, and felt more comfortable with your scent in the closet! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog just had puppies [ 6 Answers ]

My dog just had had 7 puppies. She is a lab,pit mix. The father is a Stafford pit. The puppies are 4 weeks old and we are going to start getting them eating puppy chow that's been watered down. But she has been losing weight. A lot of weight. Its kind of scary. She's losing weight and she's looking...

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I can't tell if my dog is pregnant or not does anyone have any tips

Puppies [ 6 Answers ]

my sister and I have been wanting a little maltese or a yorkie for about 2 months, and my mom doesn't care if we get one, but we r trying to convince him into getting a dog. does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog?? also, does anyone know where to find...

About: Puppies [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the exact stages of puppies up to 6 months? I need to know because I'm not sure if my pup is developing properly Help needed ASAP Thank you

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?

View more questions Search