Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeylaKitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 08:30 AM
    What is wrong with my kitten?
    I just got a kitten from a friend of mine who rescued them from her backyard.
    Im not quite sure how old she is but she is definetley still young.
    Ever since we brough her home she has always had diarrhea, not runny runny, but it is a lot softer then normal. Her ears also look like she has scratched them do death, scabby and at one point it looked like the inside of her ear was covered in vasaline.
    She is a very very active kitten, does not look sick at all. But I've been reading around and hearing that diarrhea and grosse ears are a sign of worms or ear mites. Could this be?
    Karle Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Sep 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
    As a precaustioni would worm your kitty! I would use the liquid type as that is easier to use with kittens.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 09:27 AM

Your kitten needs to be checked out by a vet. He can tell you exactly what is wrong with the cat, how to treat it, and get you started on the vaccinations.

Standard rule of thumb in my book is that any newly-adopted animal (from any source!) should be seen by a vet within 48 hours of getting the animal. Personally, I like to set it up so that I go straight from picking up the animal to the vet. That way if there is anything seriously wrong with the animal it's easier to prove that it didn't happen while the animal was in your care and control, and if you find out that the animal has some serious health problems, you can consider the option of returning it to the original owner before you get too attached to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a kitten and cat get along [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old female domestic short hair cat. She has always been a very good cat non aggressive. My son brought in a 5 week old kitten and the 11 year old is always hissing when the kitten gets too close. We put them together only with supervision because I am not sure if my older cat...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

New Kitten [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a kitten supposedly 7 weeks old. It doesn't eat much at all and is very skinny. To the point you can feel boes easily. Probably the runt. Should I be concerned and what can I do to get my kitty eating more to fatten up a bit.

View more questions Search