Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laynayumi Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Sep 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I need some answers to this strange experience
    Today I hopped into the shower at my house.
    "NOTICE" BEFORE: I always make sure the doors are locked for security.
    I let my cat in my bathroom to rest while I showered.
    During the shower he was Meowing in a very strange way.
    In a distressed manner.
    Sometimes he gets upset when he wants to exit the room and meows.

So got out of the shower and looked to see what he was doing.
    He was in the corner of the room with his eyes wide open screeching again very loud.
    I told him to stop and laughed at how dramatic he was acting.
    I got back into the shower.
    About a couple of minutes later I heard the door unlock(a distinct noise) and I heard the door close.

I figured my brother popped the lock with a toothpick and let the poor guy out.
    So I got out of the shower eager to ask my brother if he had heard his strange meow.
    While smirking I left the bathroom and called out for him but there was no answer.
    The front door was locked.
    I opened his door thinking maybe he was in his room doing homework.
    But there was no one there.
    Down the hall my cat ran to me gently meowing.
    So I called my mother to ask if she or my father had come home and let chubs out.
    She said no.
    About 5 minutes later my little brother came home.
    There is no possible way anyone could have opened the door.
    I was alone.

Question to myself:
    Could my cat have opened the door?
    No he's a chubby little guy and the doors are round knobs.
    He has never been clever in that sort of way.
    And even if he did why would he close the door.
    I mean it would have had to been something with hands to pull then close the door.
    Right?

Also my last note on this.
    Is my cat's brother Cleo died on Sept 19 this month.
    He was a very clever cat.
    And he was very close to me and was practically attached to me by the hips.

I doubt that my cat would haunt me.
    And besides the fact he sill didn't know how to open doors.
    So what could it be.
    Someone please help me.
    I'm left wondering could it possibly have been a paranormal phenomena?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 06:58 PM

maybe you didn't lock the door all the way and it opened on it's own. Cats as you probably know, have a way of sticking their paws under doors and opening them- maybe you didn't close it all the way, and Chubs just used the space under the door, not the door knob to open it.
    Also, I have to say, next to Spaz, that's got to be the coolest name for a cat! =D

Sep 25, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Haha thanks, yeah he was naturally the lard of the litter. Aw but Spaz haha that's hilarious.

Oh and about the door believe me I tried to reason.
    But I have a lock on the door.
    And I made sure twice that it was locked.
    And when the I heard the door open I heard it unlock as well.
    So I thought it was just my brother or family member.
    (cuz if you take a pin to the small whole in the knob on the outside end you can open the door.)

After I posted the question online.
    The last long on kept on saying 11:11pm
    When really it was around 4:30pm...

Creepy.
    I'm sure if anything it was a kind soul who wanted to help my cat escape.
    Because you know how cats just find doors so dreadful.
    But in all I believe in god so he's on my side;];]

Ps. Thanks for the response most people seem so greedy about replying.
    Maybe because I'm a newbie?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 05:45 AM

I'm a newbie too. Maybe someone did come in, unlock the door, open it a little, and shy away from doing any more. Maybe that's why Chubs was freaking out- maybe he knew that there was someone in the house. There's quite a few ways this could happen. If you have the ghost of a former cat running around your house helping Chubs out of his "terrible" situations, I wouldn't worry, lol. That would be kind of cool to say "my house is haunted by a cat." Do you think that it's probably paranormal, or do you think it could've happened by some other means?

Sep 26, 2008, 09:28 AM
    I'm not sure.
    I mean I'm not saying I don't believe in hauntings or do.
    Whether it was or not.
    It's still a mystery anything is a possibility.
    I mean I'd be so proud if chubs really did open the doorrr!
    I hope my cat Cleo go's to heaven soon and doesn't stick around too long.
    Cuz It'd be a shame.
    Oh I think I sent a response to you on your cooking crisis.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Sep 26, 2008, 01:31 PM

"Cats are good--they're in both worlds anyway."
    --Keanu Reeves as John Constantine

Cats are very psychically sensitive. In Egyptian mythology they guide the soul in the spirit world. So Cleo can visit you whenever he wants without having to leave heaven. Call it multi-tasking. And when you pass on, he can show you around the place.

If your living cat and Cleo were brothers and lived together, I'm not sure why the cat would freak out like that if Cleo showed up. But it could happen. He might not be used to the change in Cleo's scent (for lack of a better word).

Feel free to talk to Cleo or leave his favorite treat out for him. He'll know.

Blessings,

Alder
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laynayumi View Post
    h
    ps. thanks for the response most people seem so greedy about replying.
    Maybe because i'm a newbie?
    It is not because you are a newbie,but paranormal occurrences are hard to explain and the time difference, takes a while for everyone from around the world to see your question & answer it.

:)
    QUACKERS Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Sep 27, 2008, 05:10 PM

You could have opened the door without relizing it,you may have thought the cat had gone out but went out unnoticed when you opened the door,the cat was a cat burgler in its last life, But the answer lies with the ones in the house hold did they LIE?
    CHRIS.
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2008, 05:23 PM

Is there a chance of another sort of haunting in your home? Ask family if they have any strange exsperiences.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Sep 27, 2008, 05:39 PM
    It does not sound like a haunting or visit and I would usually agree with Alder but for some reason I don't think there is a phenomena here. It could be that your cat just didn't want to be in the room and swatted under the door. The door may have been shut and locked but if you notice the inside of the door sometimes the knob does not insert itself properly into the holding thing on the door frame (not a framer so sorry). But basically you can push it or pull it and it can open... cats are known to claw under the doors... so just an observation. That's probably what it was... but yes cats are multi-tasking guides in the spiritual world... as is a lot of other animals... every species has a special task in the spiritual world. I wouldn't think that Cleo would freak out over seeing his deceased brother so... not sure about that one. Keep an eye out on things around you to see if anymore odd things happen but to me seems like the door itself is the culprit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone here have any experience? [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience with any good work at home online jobs. I don't want to work with a company that asks for any money at any point. :rolleyes: Let's face it, if I had the $ to send these companies for the software or whatever else, I wouldn't need the job. Besides, why should I...

Need experience [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I have an AAS in Criminal Justice and am looking for either an investigations position or fingerprint technician position. Every single job I've found wants you to have at least one year experience, this includes the entry level positions I've seen. How and where can I get this...

Anyone else have this experience. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, O.kay so first off I have a doctors appointment Tuesday the 15th, but I am anxious and wanted to know what someone else thought. I have two children 6 years and 14 months. My husband and I have been Trying to conceive our third and final child since July. The first day of my...

View more questions Search