Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Crazy Face Rash
    So here is the story, I've been having issues lately with acne and was searching for a solution. I decided to follow a regiment suggested to me by my good friend, ISneezeFunny. Well, something went horribly wrong. I have a horrendous burning rash on my face. I woke up with it.

Here's what I use:
    AcneFree Oil Free Purifying Cleanser
    Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Free Acne Moisturizer

Feel free to inquire about the ingredients.

I feel it may be the 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide that is in the cleanser.

Please help!!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:55 PM

Yikes. I have a feeling that it is the benzo... the site has a warning for those with sensitive skin to not overdo the benzo, as it can cause severe drying and burning.

Lay off the benzo for now, and moisturize and moisturize and moisturize, and see how it goes tomorrow morn.

My bad homie :(
    Vision Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 07:56 PM

So continuing with this regiment is a bad idea??

LAME.

I don't blame you! Not at all.

Just looking for answers!
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:57 PM

I would suggest not doing the regimen right now, to see if it's actually the regimen that's causing the reaction. If your burning rash goes away, then yes, it was the regimen.. and chances are, you may have to lay off the benzo or just use VERY LITTLE amounts.

Do you have sensitive skin?
    Vision Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 07:59 PM

Not that I know of... but someone told me that a good sign of sensitive skin is breaking out a lot when you are stressed, and I do...
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 08:01 PM

Not sure about the "breaking out when stressed" relating to having sensitive skin... but do lay off the benzo until your skin gets better.

If you want to give it another go, try VERY small amounts, and see how your face reacts. If the rash flairs up again, then chances are, the benzo's no good for you.
    Vision Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 08:02 PM

I've only used it once, and it was a small amount...
    angelcake12 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 06:27 PM

I just Had that same Problem And I just Got over it.
    I used that Same acne Wash and it happened.
    But I also Used rubbing Alcohol.
    :[
    Just Take A shower Before You go to Bed.
    Get some Petrolium Jelly and Put it on the Rash,
    It'll be Cleared Up within 3 days.
    Its shows A Big Difference the First night.
    Vision Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 02:28 AM

Okay, I'm going to try it again... Wish me luck.
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Oct 3, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I never suggest using products over-the-counter unless they are all natural. Most store-bought products contain all kinds of synthetic chemicals.

Stay away from alcohol or harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin and make things worse. Be sure to read the ingredients, know what's likely to cause skin damage and irritation (such as mineral oil, bismuth, sodium lauryl (or laureth) sulfate, Methyl, Ethyl, Propyl and Butyl Paraben, Monoethanolamine aka MEA, Diethanolamine aka DEA, Triethanolamine aka TEA, synthetic colors or fragrances).

If you have oily skin, keep it simple - use Clay & Tea Tree Sudz from MG - http://www.enidmg.com

The clay cuts dirt & oil and tightens pores while the tea tree acts as a natural antibiotic to zap zits & blemishes.

For dry skin, I recommend 3-in-1 Cleanze. It cleans, tones and moisturizes all in one step.

For normal/combo skin, go with Oatmeal Milk & Honey Sudz.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Face Rash [ 6 Answers ]

I have been searching the net and came across a couple of sites before this one. And to state right away nothing in my day to day has changed and I didnt eat anything I would not normally eat. This morning I woke up and my entire face was completely covered with barely visible bumps, almost like...

Rash on face [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has developed a rash on her face which is itchy, bumpy to the touch but colorless. She hasn't used any different make up or face products than normal but has started eating more fruit particularly strawberries due to dieting. Does anyone know if this could be a reaction to eating extra...

Rash on my face [ 1 Answers ]

This question might seem a bit silly, but yeah, my boyfriend has facial hair that, when he kisses me, it scrapes my skin and gives me a rash on my nose and chin the next morning. How do I stop this. Ps he does shave lol, but his hair grows pretty fast

Razor Rash on My Face [ 2 Answers ]

When I am working,and I shave the night before,I tend to shave my face too closely, and often the next day, Razor Rash,is there help for me .is there a solution for this problem.

View more questions Search