Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Is This Breaking No Contact?
    Hey!
    I was just wondering what you all thought of this. Last night, my phone rang about 10:00 and the number was withheld on my cell's caller ID. I answered with, "Hello?" The person(presumably female) on the other end goes, "What up?" I answered with, "Who is this? " She goes, "This is Sarah(which is not my ex's name-I don't know any Sarah)." It then sounded like she said, "I'm at..."The rest I could not understand and she hung up. Twenty minutes later, it rang again. I answered, "Hello?" This time no response, just somebody talking in the background. My phone rang again about 1:20 in the afternoon today-number withheld again on the caller ID. I did not answer and no message was left. Since my dad is terminally ill my whole family has been on edge so I try to answer every call. But the last three have really gotten on my nerves. I have been No Contact with my ex for over 4 months now. Is this breaking No Contact by answering the phone? Thanks!
    Jason
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 23, 2008, 03:32 PM

Nope. If it is her then shut the phone ;). Should not be afraid to answer your phone its been a decent amount of time now for you and I think you could handle hanging the phone up on her :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 03:54 PM
    No!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:53 PM

Breaking NC would be you calling her. Most likely she's doing this to get on your nerves or because she has nothing better to do. Sorry to hear about your dad.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 06:58 PM

Being paranoid, forget about it and get on with your day to day life?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 08:10 PM

First it is not breaking no contact.

Second, and good news. Your winning. She's thinking about you and doesn't have a clue what to do. Even if she doesn't call you again, she's thinking of you. Consider this a victory and be proud that you proved to her you were stronger then she thought.
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2008, 08:58 PM

Hey Everybody!
    Thank you for the replies. I know the question was a bit silly but thank you for the input. That's the thing that has been grating on me, I keep wondering if it was her. I have not attempted to contact her nor do I ever plan to. The girl I once loved is "dead" to me and I have no desire to ever talk to her again. She actually did call back on August 24-twice. The number was not displayed on the caller ID. She left a stupid message after the second call on my voicemail where she cracked a joke about the nickname she once called me. As far as her annoying me goes, I have no idea why she would want to do this other than she acts immature for somebody who is 26 and has some mental instability issues. The breakup was clean-she just walked away to pursue another relationship because my job keeps me pretty busy and we were not seeing each other more than 1-2 times a week so naturally she got bored. I've let her move on dropped off the face of the earth. Her method of contacting me before I went No Contact for good back in May was a monthly text message where she would just write something utterly stupid and useless. Her last text was back in June but I ignored it and promptly deleted it. In a way when I answered the phone last night it felt like I had broken No Contact because I thought it could have been her. My dad's condition is pretty grim so I never know when a serious call could come through. I can't shy away from the phone if an unrecognized call comes through. Anyway, thanks for the input and take care.
    Jason

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking up with someone, heart breaking [ 4 Answers ]

Basically I've only been with my boyfriend for 2 months, but its not working for many reasons. I have a horrible feeling he is seriously taking advantage of me in many many ways and all he is after is sex and money. He says he loves me and I mean the world to him, he needs me, he adores me, his...

After months of No contact events keep happening that push me towards breaking it! [ 26 Answers ]

I keep on the path of NC but then in recent weeks I keep being drawn to breaking it! Firstly, I became an Uncle 4 weeks ago. I thought about texting my ex to tell her the news but decided not too. She knew before I commenced NC (which I told her I was doing nearly 8 months ago) that was on the...

Will he contact me? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently found out that the man I've been sleeping with for 3 yrs was with another women while he was with me. I sent him an email saying that even though I still cared very much for him and wanted to see him that I couldn't keep doing the things we have done knowing he has been with someone...

She keeps breaking No Contact [ 3 Answers ]

My GF broke up with me after 4.5 years. She is sort of dating this guy who she admitted have a crush on for a long time. We are best friends and are totally connected in ways that this other guy could never compete with. She hints about the future with me but doesn't break it off with him. So I...

View more questions Search