Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 09:56 AM

Do you really think this is a good example of not only your maturity, but you ability to grasp things, and make improvements? I don't, and its says a lot about you, and your attitude, which sucks, as we are adults trying to help. If you don't want it, or can't handle it, Just go away.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19 View Post
    Tal, when will these kids learn? We are only trying to tell them things because we have been where they are before? I'm positive we have all hung around a crowd that probably wasn't in our best interestes before.
    Kids are like that sometimes, they would rather argue than listen, and that's part of the problem. :D
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Okay you are truly offensive. Before it was funny but this is total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by jj890 View Post
    Okay guys, Come on now, She is only 13, Just let her off some slack, She is still maturing,
    Well which is it, 13 or 14. Her age changes with every post... and given that she said she's been in a 4 year relationship am I to assume she started dating at 9?

I bet you were like this once.
    Was I immature. Yes. Was I insulting to other people who tried to offer help? No.

She is just a kid, and she still is, you guys are probably adult's,
    Yep. And as an adults we've been in her spot and know how to act in various situations. When we offered real life experience she started shooting her mouth off. Guess what, we've been there too, and we can top her ever changing posts and stories with facts. Sorry you aren't old enough to see facts or if you do old enough to stand up to you cousin and say, "Your wrong!" The rest of us are old enough and mature enough to do it.

she doesnt understand some things, so she might take some things wrong.
    I don't understand a zillion things, but I don't insult the people that do. Nor do I change my story so that others will suddenly agree with me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Tal, who is posting on this very thread has told me I'm wrong before... and at times I didn't want to hear it but it needed to be said, I don't jump down his throat and call him names, and if I did I wouldn't misspell them.

But if you wanna post in here, Can you just post to help her?
    Are you kidding me? We offered help and she flipped out and started calling us all sorts of things.. Maybe acting like bullys works in 8th grade but in the real world that sh*t don't fly. Maybe she can flip out and start swearing to your peers, but make no mistake, we are not peers, I'm am a grown man, and as you correctly pointed out she doesn't understand things, all we did was try to offer her a guiding hand on how to deal with those things, some new to her life and she falls back to her security blanket of telling people off. I may not be great at a lot of things but it if it's the telling people off game you want to play you have met the King.

Even though they already broke up, but still, Help her out with it, So she can have the advice for other boy's that might come in her life and treat her badly. Thanks.

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME? That is EXACTLY what every one of us did. That is insulting to say anything else. Jordan, this is not an attack on you, because I will give you all the credit in the world, despite disagreeing with the rest of us you have been extremely respectful of the rest of, and that should not be overlooked and I won't, but for you to say that we should offer her help for the next boy that treats her like that is borderline ignorant. That is exactly what we did. Furthermore, the one getting treated badly was her boyfriend, who, it was pointed out... correctly I may add, was being used by KayKay to begin with.

Now, I would never wish any real harm to KayKay but if she's getting used by one guy and then turn around and uses another because of the first guy or just because that's the way she is, that is HER problem. That is something SHE has to work out. If she is going to use guys then I damn sure am going to point it out. If her defense to being pointed out the obvious is to start calling people names because that works on the bus, well welcome to real life. Nobody here gives a damn about the attitude problem of an 8th grader with a chip on her shoulder that got knocked off, however everyone here gives there time and energy for those looking for seeking real help from an outsider who has something to offer when another person is searching for assistance. Age limit not required, just the common sense and decency to shut you mouth and actually think outside your security blanket of swearing at somebody that disagrees with you or worse yet has the nerve to actually call you out on something that is your problem to begin with.

If KayKay wants help, then it's available, if she wants to get into a name calling contest based on facts, then there's nobody here that's going to help her... unless she sees she's outnumbered and goes and gets a family member to defend her. Oh look, that already happened. She's wrong, she's a user, and she is immature. But if she want's real change in her life she'd better suck it up and admit when she's wrong, and ask herself or us what she can do to improve. KayKay, yourself, and certainly never will I, ever be perfect, but it's not too much to ask to learn from your mistakes and move forward with a new knowledge or understanding. KayKay not only doesn't move forward, she moves backward. She's stuck on one guy that used her, using another guy that likes her, and swearing at those of us pointing out what's wrong with that picture. Don't tell us what to do, when we already did it, take the stand and tell her as a true friend, she's wrong but she can do better and she deserves better and that doesn't mean she should have to hide behind her security blanet of swearing, it just means she needs to open up and accept that she might have to change to make her life better.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 30, 2008, 02:13 PM

11 pages... Wow. All I can say is wow.

I have to "spread around the reputation" before I can greenie that last post, but the above post by Chuff is completely accurate.

AND, just to comment. The reddies given out by you (jj) and KayKay are getting ridiculous. That pisses me off more than anything on this thread. These are all good people having their rep ruined because they are TRYING TO HELP a couple of people who don't agree with their advice.

This is to you, jj and KayKay, LEARN HOW TO USE THE "RATE THIS ANSWER" FEATURE PROPERLY, OR DON'T USE IT AT ALL. I don't know how to make it more clear, but quit doing that.

And Roman, and tal, you "disagreed" with one of their posts, and I don't think that was necessary. I know you guys from around the teen/relationship/dating threads, and I know you two are better than that. Don't sink down to their level, please. Lets all at least agree on a sort of "truce" with the reddies. Unless factually wrong, or dangerous advice is given, they should not be used. There is no real reason they have been used here other than a way to 'jab' at each other.

And just to point out, I am 16. And yet, I don't feel the need to call people I disagree with names. Don't use the "I'm young and maturing" excuse, its b.s and you know it. Just admit you are ignorant, stubborn PEOPLE. Somehow, SOME people our age (teens) manage to be repsonsible, considerate people. But, then there are people like you, who give the age group a bad name. You will probably get offended by this, and you should. It actually embarasses me to admit my age because it gives me a "teen" title, and I don't get nearly as much respect. GROW UP. STOP MAKING EXCUSES. Learn self control, and just smarten up. It really isn't that difficult. Ugh...

Sep 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
    I know that she doesnt type correctly, She use to, BUT she started to hang around people on the internet on some sort of game that typed like her, And she got in the habit of typing like it. One of her friends have already told her to try and stop typing like it because its annoying, She has said she will try, But even when she tries its just a thing that just appears when she types. That's how she texts too. You know how it is, Once you start a habit its hard to get rid of, Like you start to bite on your fingernail's isnt that a bad habit you can't just magically stop? It takes a while to stop. And that is what Kayla is trying to do. So dont blame her, Blame the person she use to hang around with that typed like that. And I am just taking up for my little cousin.

And it is a bad habit.
    OH MY GOD. HOW DO I EVEN REPLY TO YOU?

I know people who have quit using cocaine! That is a bad habit that is hard to get rid of. Typing normally is not difficult! NO, IT WON'T MAGICALLY STOP! YOU NEED TO MAKE A EFFORT (that has not been made yet). Are you just going to accept the fact that you can't type properly? You aren't going to TRY to type normally?? What happens when you type up a resume to get a job, huh? Are you Going to 2 typ It Lyk this? Or will you do it in a professional, readable fashion?

Stop making excuses. Typing like that is something you CAN change. It takes very little effort to do so. JUST DO IT.

You really can't understand this?

And stop sticking up for your cousin. If you really want to help her, explain to her how LIFE WORKS. Typing like that is just nonsense, and in a world where computer skills are NEEDED for just about any job, she needs to learn to type. You defending her screwed up style of typing is only going to HURT her in the long run.

Jj, you seemed like a sensible, respectable, understanding individual, but I don't really see that anymore.
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 30, 2008, 03:03 PM

O.k I'll chime in.

I feel I wasted my time posting in here I answered you question, even though I had a hunch you were too young to appreciate it, to help you. You blew up at Chuff because you misunderstood him.

I'm feeling really lazy tonight as I have much work today and later I'll go about a detailed post explain what exactly went wrong here.

But jj I had respect for you because you were being decent about it but the defenses you claim are flawed. Stop defending very childish behavior. I know she is young but that is not an excuse.

But seriously KayKay you stepped into the real adult world searching for real adult answers. Mind you we did not give you what you wanted and you acted very childish. I'd say grow up but your young and will get there. Learn to type with some decent respect to the English language. Or you could get Firefox and use its spell checker at least.

I know I added fuel to the fire but what do you expect when you come in here asking for help and get pissy with everyone.

Jj the thread was dying but you fanned the flames man.

Sep 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wikedjuggalo View Post
    I'd say grow up but your young and will get there.
    I have a 9 year old cousin who is a hell of a lot more mature then KayKay, who is 13 or 14, we don't really know. At 13/14, why are you calling people names like "dumbs**ts" anyway? That is more than immaturity, that is total disrepect to others. Not accepting anyone's opinion is also just disrepect.

Maybe "grow up" isn't the right advice, but "RESPECT" should be given at ANY age. Respect should be given especially to the people who are trying to help you.
    The only reason I don't respect KayKay is because she showed utter disrespect to EVERYONE here, and I don't think she deserves it. Jj, I did respect you, but I have to admit, I am slowly losing respect for you. The defense you put up for some of these actions are just ridiculous. But, THANK YOU for not calling anyone names here.

And, Wiked, I think we are all guilty of fueling the flames here...

But, after all this, I hope KayKay and jj can at least learn SOMETHING from all this. I know I have.

I can't wait to see Wiked's analyzation of what went wrong here. I'm looking forward to it.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Sep 30, 2008, 04:19 PM

To be honest, I am not quite sure why adults have gotten into an extended dispute with a rude and silly young teen that is clearly not going to listen to anything except what she wants to hear.

"Kaykay"- I apologise but you're abrasiveness is just... well it's just very ANNOYING, and you need to be ignored as you can't accept help/positive criticism

I am also well aware I am next in the firing line...
    kaykay0941 Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Sep 30, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Okay iM Sorry Gosh, I Know My Mouth Starts A lot Of Drama, I Have Been Told That. I Usually Get Back Sashed By My Dad, Sometimes He Hits Me But W.e. But iM SORRY. Just Stop.. Please? Sorry For Everything.

Sep 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaykay0941 View Post
    Okay iM Sorry Gosh, i Know My Mouth Starts Alot Of Drama, i Have Been Told That. i Usually Get Back Sashed By My Dad, Sometimes He Hits Me But W.e. But iM SORRY. Just Stop.. Please? Sorry For Everything.
    Okay,
    I don't know whether that was a plea for attention or serious. "Sometimes he hits me, but W.E." Not whatever... If that is true, tell someone. Maybe jj could help here... He is very protective after all.

And don't just say sorry for the sake of it. I would really like to think that after ALL this, you learned something... Have you?
    wikedjuggalo Posts: 406, Reputation: 43

Sep 30, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Okay Detail time. I'm kind of annoyed because how much time I took to do this to prove a point.

The first page and a half was fine. Then...

If he gets hurt even more? Wth? Rofl.. U dont even kno the beginging of what he's done to me. But k thanks.
    Not only do you contradict your first post but you also started getting rude.I mean honestly if you can see how wrong he was to you why would you even attempt to give him the light of day again? If you had read chuffs post you would have seen what he meant. Also he was being very civil and nice until that comment.

Your English skills go from good to wdf in two posts.
    O and wdf? iM not using him? iF you KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOiNG ON. You would do the same thing im doing.. But appearently you dont.. So back off? K thanks!
    You did not like his post so you chose to take his criticism badly. One thing you'll learn real quick in the adult world is to take constructive criticism. It will be around more and more the older you get.

Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER View Post
    well then that says it all
    he dumped you for another girl

who says he wont do it again?
    id move on and forget about him,and see how you and your new boyfriend get on,take it slow,dont be rushing into stuff when your not ready
    You agreed with that girl on the first page because its something you wanted to hear not the truth. But I swore I said something along those lines of not rushing into something when your feelings are still torn. O and chuff explained it very clearly and better then Cookie in my opinion.

Now after that I tried to tell you to calm down and save yourself some embarrassment but I guess you wanted to naïve. About that time it was noticed you added something to your signature which was commented on but seeing as I can't see what it was because its been changed we will leave it alone.

Chuff then attempted to point out things to you but then again you did not listen to him in the first place. And I'll be fair and say he may have been a little cruel in his posting but that shouldn't take away from the truthfulness of it.

Who Said i Was iN HighSchool? And Who Said That Signature Was For You? NO BODY, Exactly. But Neways, iT Was Hard Saying No To Him, i Could Tell He Liked Me ALOT, And i Didnt Want Him To Be Hurt By Me Rejecting Him, We WERE Friends, Now We Are Together, But That Girl On The Other Comment Helped Me Out, iM Staying With My Current BF, Cause He Could Leave Me For Another Girl Again(My Ex), But Anyways, Sorry For All The Mis-Hap, Ttyl.
    Then here we go. I'd like to read it but my eyes hurt attempting to. I think you need to read what you posted. I think you stated you did not have feelings for him but would rather lie to him and lead him in a false relationship because you did not want to say no.

Uhm actually im not, your not me, so dont say stuff you dont even know. Ur bullsht isnt needed on this comment page.. Kthanks.

Haha, And Yea Ur Bs, U Werent Really Helping Me Out Bud, Sorry. l:
    He was trying to help you before an attitude developed but maybe you'll realize that down the road.

Then you promptly shot yourself in the foot by telling everyone how old you really were.

I still was being civil with you and asked you to check your caps lock key because iT iS HarD tO reaD likE ThiS and just plain ridiculous.

After that it was noted that you changed your OP to say some very mean things toward people trying to help you. At which chuff promptly called you out on it. You did not like that one bit.

? Lmaoo omg.. Ur so funny.. iM NOT USiNG HiM, Dumb sht.. U dont kno me at all.. So dnt talk sht about me if u dont even kno me. k thanks.
    Now I left you a disagreement on this because of the nasty words you used. He was not talking sht but merely trying to point out (in a semi cruel way) the wrongness in what you were doing. True we do not know you. But you being a stranger we tried to take some time to answer your question and give you an unbiased opinion on what was going on but you did not like that.

Continued to try to nicely tell you to stop digging yourself a hole but as you proved you do the opposite of what your advised to do.

Chuff continued to dismantle and argue that last post and which I laughed. I got very annoyed at this point and stopped holding back.

Rofl.. Omg i Can Spell.. Why Would i Spell Correctly On The iNternet? i Do At School All The Time, i NEVER Do On The iNternet, iT Doesnt Really Matter, And Actually Yes i Can Commit To A Guy, i Went With A Guy For 4 Years Straight Once Thank You, And i Know i Live With My Parents? i Can't Like Go On By Myself When iM Not Even Legal To Even Drive A Car Yet, And i Can Buy A Computer With My Own Money Too i Have Money i Work, But My Dad Makes My CPU, No Need To Brag On Your Computer, Was Not Called For.. But Thanks Anyways, i Should Just Stick To Asking My Friends, They Always Give Me Better Advice, Go Back To Your Times iN Childhood, And You Would Understand What iM Going Threw.
    And there is your other foot.

Theres Nothing Wrong With My Caps Lock, i Type Like This, iTs Not Really A Big Deal.. Some People Type Like This And i Dont See Anything Wrong With iT, You Dont See Me Critizing Your Typing, So Dont Critize Mine, And No i Wont Shoot My Computer? Thats Kinda Retarded, But Yea, i Have Went With Someone For 4 Years.. You Dont Know MY Life, So Dont Say Things You Dont Even Know. Me And My Friend Were Talking About Earlier Today iN Class..
    There is something very wrong with this mess. I can't stand to read it. You should have stopped digging that hole but you kept going. I finally said I'm done getting into a pissing contest with you. But we all know how long that lasted, maybe I'm not as mature as I thought?

The topic after that was kind of left alone and a conversation between Chuff and Jsrg started.

No i Really Didnt Take Your Advice.. i Just Left This Post Alone.. But Seems Like Some People Cant, When This Post iS Way Old. But i Did Pass My Class iN School, 102 words in 10sec :D, But i Dont Type Like This iN Class. But Yea, iM Done With This Post, And As You Said, Your Gonna Be The Mature One And Stop Posting iN iT, But You Still Are Even When i Left iT Alone... Bye?

Then you felt the need to comment on my reply to them. Might as well have taken a can of gas and a lighter to yourself.

And then your cousin decided to jump into to defend you. But instead of making it better he added more fuel.
    Now I'm not going to go and break down his post as I have more important sht to do. That and he was semi respectful to us.

But then you dragged Tal and Rome in this. But that deals with your cousin so I'll let it slide.

I'm done. I have much better things to do.

BTW, thanks for fixing the word black in you signature. Maybe you could fix the other errors too.

Sep 30, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg View Post
    Okay,
    I don't know whether that was a plea for attention or serious. "Sometimes he hits me, but W.E." Not whatever... If that is true, tell someone. Maybe jj could help here... He is very protective after all.

And don't just say sorry for the sake of it. I would really like to think that after ALL this, you learned something... Have you?
    IT Was Serious, And I Don't Think I Would Be Able To Tell Someone Something Like That, I'Ve Thought About Going To The Police About iT, But What iF He Finds Out I Told Them?. He Would Probably Do Worse To Me.. iM Just Scared.. But Yea Jordan iS Protective Over Me, But I Don't Think He Would Be Able To Help iN A Situation Like That.

But To Stay On Topic, I Did Learn, iF I Would Like To Comment Something Bad, I Should Just Keep iT To Myself And Just Thank The People Who Took Their Time Out To Help Me.
    But Yea, I Don't Think I'LL Be Going On This Anymore, Take Care. GoodBye.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:04 PM
    iT Was Serious, And i Dont Think i Would Be Able To Tell Someone Something Like That, i'Ve Thought About Going To The Police About iT, But What iF He Finds Out i Told Them?.. He Would Probably Do Worse To Me.. iM Just Scared.. But Yea Jordan iS Protective Over Me, But i Dont Think He Would Be Able To Help iN A Situation Like That.

But To Stay On Topic, i Did Learn, iF i Would Like To Comment Something Bad, i Should Just Keep iT To Myself And Just Thank The People Who Took Their Time Out To Help Me.
    But Yea, i Dont Think i'LL Be Going On This Anymore, Take Care. GoodBye.
    After all the b.s you've fed me, you still blame me for asking if it was a cry for help? I feel sorry for you, but don't play the "I would never do that to someone" game here. My expirience with you has been lies, and just a lack of respect for others. Can you really blame me for questioning your motives? I think my concerns are completely valid. After the way you've treated us here, don't expect me to take everything you say for face value, and just go along with it.

I really hope you follow up on this thing with your father... All things that have happened on this thread aside, you need help there. I just hope you can find that help. I'm sure many people would be happy to help you with this problem, IF you treat them with respect.

Jordan is your cousin... right? Can't you go live with him and his parents (your aunt, unlce)? If it is that bad, you can get other family to gain custody of you. The authorities can help. You can find out more about this by asking a question on this very forum. Just type normally, play nice, and I'm sure people would love to help you.

jj, have you heard anything about this before? Maybe you should talk to your parents about this. Tell an adult, and get help immediately.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I hope to hear from you soon on the father issue. Or at least from jj... Nobody deserves to be abused like that.

What are the other opinions here, on what to do about the father issue? (Chuff, Tal, Roman, Wiked, etc...) I'm curious to know what others in this thread think.

Other than that, don't just thank people for the sake of it. Actually APPRECIATE the help you get, and TRY to understand it. Even if it isn't what you want to hear. And I see you haven't put any effort into your typing skills. That would be a good skill to tune too.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:07 PM

This thread relates to you a bit, with the father issue. Maybe you can find some solutions here.

If you need any help with that, I would be happy too. Child abuse is something I hate with a passion, as I'm sure most people do. Despite everything that has happened here, I am willing to help. And I'm sure other forum members will be too.
    jj890 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 06:08 PM

jj, have you heard anything about this before? Maybe you should talk to your parents about this. Tell an adult, and get help immediatly.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I hope to hear from you soon on the father issue. Or at least from jj... Nobody deserves to be abused like that.

What are the other opinions here, on what to do about the father issue? (Chuff, Tal, Roman, Wiked, etc...) I'm curious to know what others in this thread think.

Other than that, don't just thank people for the sake of it. Actually APPRECIATE the help you get, and TRY to understand it. Even if it isn't what you want to hear. And I see you haven't put any effort into your typing skills. That would be a good skill to tune too.

Uhm, Actually, No I haven't heard anything about it. I will talk to my parents about it. But I do know that Kayla's father gets angry really easily, I don't know if it's any anger management thing but he just steams up fast.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Uhm, Actually, No i havent heard anything about it. I will talk to my parents about it. But I do know that Kayla's father gets angry really easily, I dont know if it's any anger management thing but he just steams up fast.

Either way, the issue needs to be addressed.

Of all the things you've done to protect your cousin, this is where she really needs you...

And good for you, for taking the initative and going to an adult who can make a difference.

It takes a lot of courage on KayKays part too, but I think you can do this.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:32 PM
    This thread relates to you a bit, with the father issue. Maybe you can find some solutions here.

If you need any help with that, I would be happy too. Child abuse is something I hate with a passion, as I'm sure most people do. Despite everything that has happened here, I am willing to help. And I'm sure other forum members will be too.
    Thanks, I Posted iN iT.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Thanks, i Posted iN iT.
    You could always make your own thread, under the "teen" subforum on this site. Plenty of help is available there. And, under your own thread, you will get more information customized to your needs. I would recommend making your own thread.

Just one thing when you start the new thread, spell properly, seriously.

Sep 30, 2008, 06:53 PM
    You could always make your own thread, under the "teen" subforum on this site. Plenty of help is available there. And, under your own thread, you will get more information customized to your needs. I would recommend making your own thread.

Just one thing when you start the new thread, spell properly, seriously.
    Lol :D, I did, Im trying to stop my habit now.

Sep 30, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Lol :D, I did, Im trying to stop my habit now.
    HEYYY!
    There we go! Now that is typing!

It is a good skill to have, typing properly. Try to make that the new habit.

Yeah! Lol
    That makes me really happy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Love and confusion [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my boyfrined have been together for about 2 years. The last 4 months have been hell. He lost his job and thinks the world has came to an end. So when he gets mad he tends to want to put me down. Is he going to be like this from now on or do you think he's going through a faze?

Love confusion [ 2 Answers ]

How am I meant to know if he really loves me?. he says he's crazy over me and can be really sweet at times but I don't think he loves me as much as he says he does.. how am I really meant to know?:confused:

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

Confusion [ 3 Answers ]

My exboyfriend and I broke up last week because he wanted time to focus on his academics and so forth. I was (and am still) very devastated. However, I understood that I had no choice in the matter but to let him go. I didn't want to break up at all so this has been really hard on me. I have been...

View more questions Search