Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iristoilet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Gurgling and hissing in toilets and bathtub.
    When I flush the toilet or use the sink I hear hissing in the toilet and gurgling in the bathtub. The house is 2-story and only 3 years old. What is the problem and how can I fix it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 10:33 AM

I think your vent stack may be partially blocked. The gurgle is your tub trap trying to act like a vent. Rod from the roof with a sewer rodder long enough to reach roof top to basement plus 20'.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilets gurgling when washing machine drains [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me what would cause the toilets to gurgle when the washing machine drains?

Gurgling toilet, clogged bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

Just this morning I went to take a shower and noticed that the water was not draining at all. At the same time the toilet started gurgling. I flushed the toilet and the water came to the top of the rim and then went way down. Do I need to call a plumber or is this something I can have my husband...

Sink & toilets gurgling [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently built an addition to my 50+ year old ranch home. During the addition plumbing for a 3/4 bath was added to the existing plumbing. An abandoned dry well was destroyed during construction because the contractor did not see anything being led to it. My laundry machine drains into an...

Gurgling in pipes after all toilets flush [ 6 Answers ]

What causes pipes to make a moaning/gurgling sound after flushing toilets? And how can I fix it? We live in a 107-year old house and have lived here for the past three years. About a month or so, we started to hear our pipes after flushing the toilets. You can hear the sound from one of the...

Toilets gurgling/backing up/smells [ 1 Answers ]

I have had plumbers and the city waste department but no help they tell me it is the others problem. My downstairs 3 toilets start gurgling, then the water level drops then rises quickly causing over flow. My shower and tub downstairs then fill up. The city guy came this morning and told me the...

View more questions Search