Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bcui Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Child of 17 years old choose to live
    Can a child of 17 years old have the right to choose where to live?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 11:16 PM
    Yes. I believe so.

It might depend on the different laws of the land. For myself personally I know I moved at 17.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age son can choose to live with me (long) [ 10 Answers ]

My son is 17 - will be 18 in Sept 2008. He lived with me in MN until 4 years ago when he moved to CO to live with his dad. He didn't get along with my husband and was getting to the age where I felt he needed a male mentor. Son hasn't gotten along with dad for about 2 years now. Things have...

Age to choose where to live [ 33 Answers ]

In the state of South Dakota, what age do you need to be before you can choose which parent you want to live with?

Can I choose were I want to live at 16? [ 16 Answers ]

:( :confused: Am I old enough to choose to live with my father at the age of 16? I don't get along with my mother, and my father listins to me and gets me. Is their anything I can do without going to cort? Like am I old enough to leave home? Please help!:(

How old do you have to be to choose which parent you want to live with?I'm [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16 ill be 17 in June. My parents are still together just rarely speak. And I was wonderning how old does the child have to be to choose which parent can have full custody of him/her. I want to live with my dad because my mom doesn't support me in what I do in any way. And I want my dad to have...

Age A child can choose which parent to live with [ 3 Answers ]

I have a daughter who lives in Michigan and stayed there when my husband and I moved to Arizona. She is now calling every night crying that she wants to move back in with us but her other parent will not allow it. How is it that a child's voice can not be heard. I am completely blown away that a...

View more questions Search