Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmcclean123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
    My tolite won't flush at the moment there is like a wee metal hook that seems to have fallen off were do I need to conect this to? I no that one part is suppost to connect to the chain but were does the other part go?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 18, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcclean123
    my tolite wont flush at the moment there is like a wee metal hook that seems to have fallen off were do i need to conect this to??i no that one part is suppost to connect to the chain but were does the other part go??
    Sounds like all you have to do is reconnect the flapper linkage back to the flush lever,(see image). Let me show how to adjust the flapper linkage.
    With the flapper seated the linkage wants to have 1/4" of play. Too much play and the flapper doesn't get pulled back enough giving you a short flush. Too tight and it lets water seep past the flapper. I adjust the chain by the link and if it needs fine tuning, I bend the flush lever rod a bit until I have the desired play in the linkage. Good luck, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Won't find a better answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush [ 17 Answers ]

I flushed the toilet, the water goes down from the tank, but it swirls around and around in the toilet bowl but does not flush. What is the problem. Help.

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet tank lever breaks when I try to flush toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem trying to flush my toilet. When attempting to flush the plastic tank lever often breaks and when I use the metal tank level they often bend. The only way to flush the toilet is by removing the top and pulling up the tank ball lift by hand. What can I do to solve this problem. Thank...

Toilet doesn't flush [ 3 Answers ]

I know this question is similar to some which have already been asked but unlike other toilets who don't flush properly, or completely mine doesn't flush. When I pull the lever to flush the toilet the water comes up almost to the rim then over the next ten min. the water will go down a little bit...

Toilet will not flush [ 5 Answers ]

Hello could someone help me my toilet will not flush. The tank will fill after you pu;;ed the handle a few times.

View more questions Search