Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farm family Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Symptoms for a sick goat
    We have a white goat that as of lately, seems like she could be sick. She has been eating just fine, and seems as though drinking and is still just as friendly, however, I have noticed her behind is really dirty, her tail, back legs, the whole back side like she is dragging her bottom like a dog sometimes does. Is this a sign of being sick, is there other symptoms I should be looking for. I have seen her poop, it almost seems like she could be constipated, if that is true, what do you do? We have several fruit trees and have been throwing the apple and pears over the fence for them to eat, is fruit bad for them?
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Sep 18, 2008, 11:40 AM
    When was the last time you wormed your goats? It sounds like she might have worms.
    farm family Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 11:47 AM
    I hate to admit this, we have never wormed her, she was given to us, we don't even know how old she is, I think kind of old. We have one sheep too, could this affect her also?
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Sep 18, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Unlikely that the sheep would affect her. Goats and sheep get along just fine.
    If she's never been wormed you DEFINITELY should worm her, as well as any other goats you have and the sheep. Your animals need to be wormed about twice a year. It only costs a few bucks and it's pretty easy, you just stick a little dispenser in their mouth and squeeze it.
    We have around 100 goats between my parents farm and my grandparents farm, so we keep on a regular worming cycle of doing a few a day most of the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feeding my goat too much? [ 11 Answers ]

New to the goat thing-can you feed a goat too much? She's in the process of weaning twins. We give about a coffee can full of feed twice daily plus hay and free feed. Babies will eat feed, too but she gets the most of it. She will not hush! Is she crying because she's hungry or about to explode?...

One sick goat [ 1 Answers ]

We are new owners to 2 girl goats, one has recently gotten real sick, she has green goop in her eyes, is very lethargic, has bad breath, and as of today won't drink for me. We really are not to sure what to do with her, I have put a call in to a vet, but haven't heard back yet, any suggestions as...

How do I tame my goat? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 5 month old pygmy goat buck and I want to know what is the best way to tame him so that he is friendly around people

Goat away [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Nice forum. My name is Michael and my wife and I just bought a house in the country. Absolutely love everything about it.Except for a neighbors goat! I have tried numerous times to cath our new neighbor at home to discuss this but have failed so far. She has beautiful Horses, and Swans, and...

View more questions Search