Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommyhrok Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Can't get furnace to blow hot/cold air!!
    :confused: I recently moved into a house & I can barely tell that any air is coming out. I have just paid to have all the ducts cleaned. Please help me figure this out.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 15, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Is the fan running? Is the filter clean? Is there dampers in the duct closed? These are the popular reasons air flow would not be working.
    tommyhrok Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Yes I have replaced filter, checked damper, and the fan works.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 16, 2006, 01:43 PM
    OK then how about the fan, is is driving a belt? Perhaps the belt is broken. If not , is there any air coming out of any registers?

Also perhaps the fan is on a slow speed. Are you trying to heat or cool. Air handlers usually are set to slow speed for heat, and a higher speed for cool.

If the fan is running, and there is an obstructiuon, then you should hear the air being pushed or forced at the air handler. Or there could be a broken duct not allowing the air to reach the registers.

I hope these additional ideas are helpful. Beyond this, you may need to call in your furnace tech to check out the system.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 09:43 PM
    Just a thought but some motors are reversible and it it happened to be a newly installed motor maybe it is turning the wrong way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Gas furnace blows out cold air at night [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a problem that I haven't quite seen here and I have no idea how to search for it. Here's the deal: I have a gas furnace. I'm trying to save energy, so I got a new thermostat at the beginning of the fall. I set it to 68 when we're awake and in the house, and 60 after 10pm and...

Furnace sometimes blowing cold air [ 7 Answers ]

We bought a brand-new house in May 2002. This winter (I don't think it happened last winter) when it got really cold outside, the furnace blew cold air. When it warms up outside, it starts blowing warm again. We had someone come and look at it and he told us it had a 30 degree heat pump?? And when...

Furnace blowing cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Ruud oil furnace blowing cold air, fan running constantly

Furnace blower on, blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

We installed a pellet stove with the intent of using the furnace blower to distribute the air throughout the home, however, nothing but cold air comes through the vents. Can anyone tell me why this is ?

View more questions Search