Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaykay0941 Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Sep 16, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Is this love really true?
    Me and this boy.. Have been going together so MANY times.. We've broken up before after a week sometimes, sometimes one month. We get back together.. But a week ago.. We broke up.. And we just got back together yesterday.. But then.. He said it felt weird going out.. So he wanted time.. But then today.. He said he just didn't know what he wanted at the time.. But now he says he does.. And its me, iDk if he was true about saying that or not.. But my heart just dropped when he said it.. He asked me if I still wanted to go with him.. But I told him no.. But now I regret saying that.. I only said no to him because I was hurt when he said he needed time.. But now he says he wants me back.. Its only been a day.. That's not even time.. But is this relationship really true love? Or just games?
    Give your opinion please..
    redwee74 Posts: 74, Reputation: 11

Sep 16, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Just drop it, this is just a game. Sounds like a lot of stress for no reward.
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Honestly based on what I just went through I can tell that you are still hurting. Its probably good if you get sum time on your own to sort your feelings out. If he really wants to be with you then he will be willing to give sum time to yourself to think. But both of you have been going back and forth so much that neither of you probably know what you want. Its probably best to give it time or just let it go. If I was you just LET IT GO!! But follow your heart.

Sep 16, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Guy23
    Honestly based on what I just went through I can tell that you are still hurting. Its probably good if you get sum time on your own to sort your feelings out. If he really wants to be with you then he will be willing to give sum time to yourself to think. But both of yall have been going back and forth so much that neither of yall probably know what you want. Its probably best to give it time or just let it go. If I was you just LET IT GO!!!! But follow your heart.

That's what I keep trying to do..
    But I'm practically in love with him...
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Sep 16, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Well if you say you are in love with him. Go for it, but guard your heart.
    cax11 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Both of you seem to be in love, but are just playing hurting games, I've been there before, it doesn't pay off, its better to just be in love, but don't show too much or you may be taken for granted
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

Sep 16, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaykay0941
    Thats what i keep trying to do..
    But im practically in love with him...

Eh.. doesn't sound it.
    You don't break up, make up, break up,make up, over and over and say that you love him. Just let it go. Sounds like a game to me. Just let it go, and move on.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 16, 2008, 09:35 PM
    To me it sounds like a mutual spinectomy.

You both know you need to break up, but neither one of you have the strength of will to ignore ANY feeling you have. Everything you feel you instantly turn into another relationship decision.

One of you is going to get whiplash!

You have to break up, then deal with the occasional pangs of doubt, regret, loneliness... and by deal with it I mean ignore it, somehow.

The feelings you have are true, so stop asking about that. But the feelings are irrelevant if the relationship doesn't work, and yours doesn't.

Sep 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInHisEyez
    eh.. doesnt sound it.
    you dont break up, make up, break up,make up, over and over and say that you love him. just let it go. sounds like a game to me. just let it go, and move on.

Well maybe not for him..
    But for me yeaaa... Im not the one who breaks up.. Its him..
    msbug Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Let it go. You may be in love with him but he obviously doesn't know what he wants. Run before he breaks your heart.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Your both playing a game, because you don't know what to do about your feelings. He doesn't have a clue how he feels, and you put up with it.

Take 6 weeks apart from each other, That will give things a chance to settle down, and you both can do something else, besides make up, and break up!!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 09:48 AM
    This sounds like an episode from Boy Meets World. Love is not a game and you can't break up/make up every week. How old are you anyway

Sep 18, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    This sounds like an episode from Boy Meets World. Love is not a game and you can't break up/make up every week. How old are you anyways

I'm young, 13 Only.

Sep 19, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Your both playing a game, because you don't know what to do about your feelings. He doesn't have a clue how he feels, and you put up with it.

Take 6 weeks apart from each other, That will give things a chance to settle down, and you both can do something else, besides make up, and break up!!!.

Actually now.. We are not friends.. And we do not talk.. iM So hurt..
    I Miss him A lot. I cry.. :(
    msbug Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kaykay0941 View Post
    I'm young, 13 Only.
    WAY too young to even be thinking about love. Stay in school and don't do drugs!

Sep 20, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msbug View Post
    WAY too young to even be thinking about love. Stay in school and don't do drugs!
    Some people have married their 7th 8th grade sweethearts.. And why shouldn't I be thinking about love when I already have? I mean I've went with some boy before for 4yrs straight. But at the end it didn't work out. So it doesn't really matter how old you are. Well that's just my opinion and you have yours.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 06:58 PM
    I say this with out meaning to be mean, or harsh, but there is a very big difference between the love of a 9 year old, and a 14 year old, and an even bigger difference between the love of a 14 year old, and that of a mature, grown, adult.

Trust me as you get older and mature, you will see the difference for yourself, and will better able to deal with those very strong intense feelings, in a mature way, and not just be controlled and overwhelmed, as you are now.

Your having those famous growing pains and all you have to do is go through it, and learn like your supposed to. We all had to, and did.

Its just your time now, so get over this boy, and look around you at all the people, places, and things you must also deal with.

Sep 21, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Guy23 View Post
    Well if you say you are in love with him. Go for it, but guard your heart.
    Thank you.
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 21, 2008, 03:57 PM

Here's a good question I always tell people to ask themselves to find out if you are truly in love with someone, and be completely honest with yourself:

If he/she was dying in a hospital, and the only way for them to live was for you to sacrifice your own life right then and there, would you do it?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 04:00 PM
    The REASON you are breaking up so much is BECAUSE you are 13.

Your mind and body are not ready yet for what you are trying. It's like trying to fly a jet
    Without enough engines and fuel. You get all that over the next 10 years though. AND this relationship you tried many times is giving you the pieces to be able later.
    So, it is great you all tried. But trying too much is not a super idea. There's too much life to live.

You are lucky! All you need to worry about is doing OK in school and having fun. Trust me this will work itself out if you all step back and try to be on your own.

IS LOVE TRUE? Who knows, but I can tell you the only time you can know is ten years away! Go have some fun and stop making up and breaking up every 24 hours.

A 13-year old is not meant to be in a serious relationship. Do you plan to marry him any time soon? I would think not :-)

So, relax and have fun. And tell him to relax and have fun too. You do NOT need to be a couple.

I know this is all emotional, but take it from an "old" man, if you just take some time off and be a kid, and stop trying to figure out if love is real,
    Life will fill in the hole with lots of great experiences. IF he is the guy for you, life will take care of it. If not, you had a good learning experience. I promise. Don't stress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is this true love? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I am 15 and 3 months pregnant. Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year now but the down part is. He got into a little trouble from missing school and the court order him to live with his dad in Nebraska. He is my heart and soul. My better half and my true love. I have heard...

What is a true love [ 2 Answers ]

I Mean to say that what type of love make the person perfect, love with his Parents ,love with his girl friend, love with people & love with nature .

True love [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I am really down these days. Here is my whole story. I love this guy to death. I feel like he is my true love. I know him from my childhood and I used to like him then too but was distracted by other things. I am 19 and I dated two other guys till date and I finally got him. Its been 2...

True love [ 6 Answers ]

Hello... I want to ask also about my true love in the future... and when?:( Thank you..

View more questions Search