Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjo1956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 09:52 PM
    Black water/sewage in basement
    I have a septic system which was cleaned out and inspected about a month ago, and the pipe from the house to the septic was snaked. Tonight, black sludge and water backed up into my basement from the drain pipe in the basement whenever I did a load of wash. Is there any remedy I can use on my own?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 14, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjo1956
    I have a septic system which was cleaned out and inspected about a month ago, and the pipe from the house to the septic was snaked. Tonight, black sludge and water backed up into my basement from the drain pipe in the basement whenever I did a load of wash. Is there any remedy I can use on my own?
    You must first determine where the problem lies. In your house or the septic system. This is easy to check out. Open up the cleanout and cycle the washer while the CO is open. If the discharge backs up and fills or overflows the open CO then the problem is in the septic system. Letr me know what you find and we'll go from there. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage backing up into basement [ 1 Answers ]

If sewage is backing up in basement and saturating entire carpet/pad shouldn't it be completely replaced after plumbing problem is fixed? Doesn't carpet harbor spores and bacteria? Isn't it a health hazard? How do you clean up after something like this? What would a plumber suggest? Thanks, Tom

Eew Sewage In Basement Shower Stall [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house last year. Today i discovered sewage from the upstairs toilet in the downstairs shower stall. What caused this and what do i do now. Please help:confused:

Sewage Smell in Basement bath [ 6 Answers ]

We moved into this house last February. The house uses a septic tank which is located itneh front yard. Teh lot slpoes downwards towards the back. As a result, the basement bath is located lower than the septic tank. In the last 2 or 3 months the smell has become unbearable. We rarely use...

Basement Sewage odor [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Sorry if my question is redundant, but I searched the posts and couldn't quite find one that met the same situation I have encountered. My wife and I recently bought a home that was built 3 years ago. It has 3 bathrooms, one being in the basement. The problem we have noticed is a...

Help with sewage smelling basement! [ 7 Answers ]

Thanks for any input. Let me begin by saying I know NOTHING about the plumbing in my 100+ yr old home so let me provide you with some information. I have a stone block foundation that has leaked since the day I moved in so I'm not a stranger to seepage in my basement. Lately though ANY time I...

View more questions Search