Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Sep 13, 2008, 05:17 PM
    What the heck happened?
    Ok, I have these "friends" that knew I am deathly terrified of ceiling fans (ones that are turned on specifically). Now, I'm not sure if it was a prank, help, or seeing if I was lying or what ever, but anyway, me, and four other of my friends went to Home Depot to get some building supplies, and as we were walking down one aisle (where there were NO fans) they gradually slowed their walking down enough to be walking just behind me. Then, before I knew it, one of them threw a blindfold over my eyes, and I was suddenly being pushed down one aisle then the next and so on. I was telling them to take the blindfold off, but they said "Just a minute we want to show you something." And we continued to walk around, and then we finally stopped and they told me before they take the blindfold off, to look up, so... (idiotically) I tilted my head up, and when they pulled the blind fold off, I was in the ceiling fan section, and worse, every one of them were on! I was frozen in place, and I began sweating instantly, and everything went to a blur, my heart began pounding harder than I ever exerienced, and then everything went black. When I opened my eyes, I was inside an ambulance with an oxygen thing over my face, but my vision was still blurry, and my entire body was still trembling uncontrolably. This leads to two questions...

1. What the hell happened? And

2. Can I take some kind of legal action against these so called "friends"?
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Sep 14, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Nah dw I don't think that there's anything wrong with you. You probably got to shocked at the sight of it and fainted. Many many people have certain fears, some also have phobias etc etc. Im no health expert but I think you over did yourself when you saw the fan. Ive had similar experiences over small things. Not quite fainting but I've had my heart pound like a friggin drum (and I mean major wako pounding). Like as if its tryint to get out it felt uncomfortable too.

And about taking legal actions against your friends.. Dont let that incident get to you too much. People tend to do that and they don't quite understand the situation. But hopefully they learnt their lesson.

Anyway
    -cheers,
    Rebel
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2008, 05:14 PM
    I am not a medical person but the symptoms are very similar to panic attack. The following is a list of those symptoms for compaison:
    Psych Central: Panic Attack Symptoms
    GothGirl1771 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2008, 11:33 AM
    It sounds you have a phobia. Lots of people do... don't worry, your not the only one. Just stay away from them... and try to familiarize yourself with the problem. Address the question: Why are you scared of them?

1. You had a panic attack. Its OK. This happens with extreme anxiety and fear. You saw the thing you never wanted to see, and your body reacted to the strong feeling. Lots of people have panic attacks. You can get on meds to control the feelings too.

2. No you can't take legal action agasint your friends for this, they were probibly playing a cruel joke. Seeing you react that way, they could feel guilty. Talk to them, don't let it bother you so much. Tell them you didn't appreciate what they did. Tell them why and 5that you don't want to hang out with people who will try to scare you so much. If you really are mad, let them no but cut off some ties.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HPV, how the heck? [ 9 Answers ]

HI, My doctor has diagonsed me with HPV. I am very confused about this. My husband and I have been together since we were 14 and have had no sexual contact with anyone else. How then did I get it, if it is only spread through sexual cotnact? My doctor upset me by suggesting that my husband may...

What the heck was this? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was little (25 years ago), I got this plastic green bus in the mail with all kinds of stickers and activities inside it. Each month I would receive new activities. Does anyone remember what this was, or the company that sold it? Thanks!

Who the heck? [ 3 Answers ]

People are always asking me about if I'm funny or not... why.. is everybody funny... well I am a class cloun... should I stop being one.. you tell me.

What the heck is going on? [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so 4 weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend and it started weird. First I avoided him and then when I was ready to be friends, he avoided me!:mad: so I got angry and avoided him while getting my friends to talk to him. We eventually became friends again. Recently, me and my friend went to the...

View more questions Search