Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Sep 12, 2008, 11:20 PM
    Need support: Im very Sad & Alone
    Hi, All.
    Its me again,
    Well this weekend my girlfriend has went away until Sunday, She went with her mother and grandma,
    We been together for 1 year and 4 months, This also may sound shocking but we basically spent every single day together, Up until I got a job a few months ago, But that's not horrible, Because I always get to come home and she's there waiting for me.

I miss her so much, I can't even describe it, I keep feeling nauseated, And like I have a heart ache, Literally.

She's stronger then me emotionally, Cause she doesn't act like a wimp like I do.
    I cried from time to time, Before I met her, I was always alone, That was my life.
    I didn't mind it then, But she has shown me something more in life, And now it really bothers me.

Is it weird to be afraid of being alone, I think personally I'm way to damn sensitive, I get so emotional for everything, and that affects my mood, very much.

I fight with her because I feel bad, and I honestly think I'm very selfish, I want her to be happy
    I just don't think I want it, in a happy way, I need courage and strength, and words of steel

I will see her in 2 days, and things will hopefully be back to normal, I just can't wait though, one minute I'm okay with her being gone, the next I'm a mess and have depressing thoughts, my heart drops, my feet feel weak, and I feel less of a man, for letting these emotions get the best of me

How can I over-come these things, I want to be an unselfish person, and be the best hubby she could ever have, thank you all for reading, please feel free to speak freely.

-victor
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 11:52 PM
    How To Face The World With The One You Love
    1. If you stare at someone nonstop, you not only miss all the wonderful things going on around you, you make the object of your staring extremely uncomfortable...perhaps even unbearably so. Can you picture that?
    2. And if you turn your back, facing completely away, you never see what they need, never get to share in moments the way you could.
    3. The only stance the WORKS long term is side by side, arm in arm, facing the world together, looking at the same things, working towards the same things, fully experiencing each other's closeness while not missing what is going on around you.

Right now, you are staring full on at your girl, which means you're losing. Option #1 is the wrong approach. You need to have enough going on around you that your focus is easily spread out over many things, and your girl no longer is required to bear the brunt nor the responsibility of appeasing your "needs". That's not her job.

Her job isn't to "complete" you, it's to accompany you. Remember that. You have to be comfortable in your own skin and leading your own life. When it's as it should be, it's a life she will enjoy standing next to you and sharing. Don't accidentally wrap everything up around her, because then you'll BOTH be miserable from the discomfort.

Side by side, arm in arm, facing the world together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go for support [ 3 Answers ]

I re-married and have 2 children who I do not get support for. The father does not contact or is not involved at all with children. The father is a little "unstable" to say the least. Should I file "child abandonment" or go after him for support??

Can a man after paying support for 15 yrs request paternity and get support stopped [ 2 Answers ]

If a man paid child support for 15 yrs and begins to question paternity can he get this stopped

Family support/spouse support/alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, I pay family support to my ex but is it the same than spouse+child support? How can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

Support after 18 [ 1 Answers ]

My child lives with her other parent and is going to turn 18 very soon. I make a modest income and I now have additional children. The child's other parent makes quite a bit of money and is still a single parent. I have been paying double child than what was court ordered for about the last 3...

View more questions Search