Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    entahabebe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Self supporting mother is taking to court by abusing exs father for custody of child
    Can a grandfather be awarded custody of a female child if mother has no police record, no drug or alcohol abuse, and is self supporting?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by entahabebe
    Can a grandfather be awarded custody of a female child if mother has no police record, no drug or alchol abuse, and is self supporting?

No, the mother cannot lose custody to ANYONE unless she is a danger to the child OR has (literally) physically abandoned the child.

Why would the Grandfather be thinking of trying to get awarded custody?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2008, 03:45 PM
    The mother will only loose custody if she is proven to be unfit.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 12, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Are you the one seeking " grandparents rights " ? If so that's really going to depend on the state that you live in or the state that holds jurisdiction in this matter. If that's what your seeking and your state allows it then you could get reasonable visitation but not anything resembling full or even 1/2 custody. The others already had stated what your chances are of that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Custody of a child to father - mother deceases [ 6 Answers ]

I have a questions, recently a friend died of breast cancer and left behind a 3 year old. She left a document that she wanted her mother, the child's grandmother to raise the child. The dad, although absent from the child life, has now stated that he wants custody of the child. The dad is better...

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Father taking our child to another state without any permission? [ 3 Answers ]

My baby daddy told me he didn't want anything to do with our one in a half old son,he visited me and his son a couple of days ago and now I found out that he took our son to another state without my authority.I called the police but they told me that they can't do anything about it because that's...

Can I get custody of my unborn child if the mother is taking drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in the state of Kentucky, and my ex-girlfriend is pregnant with my child. I know for a fact that she's taking drugs(pain pills) that are not prescribed to her. I want to know if I can get her drug tested and get custody of the child, because obvisouly she doesn't care about the child...

View more questions Search