Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexymilf19 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
    What should I do t make my hair look healthier
    Hi so I use to dye my hair all the time and it has been everycolor in the book, I have only had my hair dyed once in the last year so it would be closer to my natural color wich is dark brown. I lost some hair and it is currently growing back and starting to get healthier. My question is what can I do to make my color look richer and prettier or healthier with out dying my hair?:confused:confused:
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 01:34 PM
    *Don't smoke.
    *Brush your hair with a wide tooth comb. If you must brush it with a regular brush, start from the bottom and work your way to the top.
    *Buy hair products that advertise for 'rich & healthy hair.' I know there are a lot of them: Pantene Pro V, Herbal Essence, Tresemme etc...

Sep 10, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Thanks but I don't smoke, and I always use a comb, and I use pantene pro V. lol anything else
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 01:59 PM
    I know there are serums that replenish your hair and give it shine...
    Have you dyed it so much that it looks brittle and dry?

Sep 10, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Yeah I have tried those too maybe my hair is just ugly lol, I have to keep it trimmed a lot or else it does get brittle and breaks easy
    RWuest Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Sep 10, 2008, 03:22 PM
    I know there are some remedies out there with egg whites, olive oil, and avocado oil... and they seem like they might work... for a split second. I used to work at a salon, and I would recommend a high quality shampoo, and deep conditioner.
    I use Bumble&Bumble, and I use "gentle" and the regular "gentle" conditioner, always leave the conditioner in twice as long as the shampoo. Then get a deep conditioner that you leave in your hair for 20 or so minutes once a week, it really does a lot. Don't wash your hair everyday, and try to refrain from flat irons, curling irons, or blow dryers as much as possible. Try washing your hair at night, and letting it air dry so by morning you only have to flat iron, or curl.
    kayc123 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE View Post
    *Don't smoke.
    *Brush your hair with a wide tooth comb. If you must brush it with a regular brush, start from the bottom and work your way to the top.
    *Buy hair products that advertise for 'rich & healthy hair.' I know there are a lot of them: Pantene Pro V, Herbal Essence, Tresemme ect...
    What's smoking got to do with it... out of interest... thanks
    messeduphair Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2008, 12:48 PM

Redken Soma Anti-Snap conditioner and leave in works wonders. Use a gentle shampoo.
    Vitamins, especially an Omega Fish Oil help the hair, although you don't see the results for quite some time. Hot oil treaments can help hair look and feel smooth and shiny.
    Honeydiip Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 02:07 PM

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
    Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
    Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
    Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
    Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
    Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
    Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
    Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Dec 16, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Get a trim every 3 months... try Silk Drops for hair. Its in a small plastic bottle with purple writing. Also it sounds crazy but try to use the conditioner that comes in the hair dye boxes regularly. Its supposted to fix your hair after you damage it.

I'm doing the same thing your doing. My hair has been red orange brown black and blonde. Now I stopped and I get my trims and use my silk drops and I always use the conditioner from the hair dye boxes. Lol it sounds crazy but it really really works..

Hope I helped just a little :O)
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Dec 26, 2008, 07:51 AM

Heyy. I mentioned in a previous post that I've been taking skin, hair and nail pills from boots for a few months and I have to say I have noticed a difference! My hairs been pretty much every colour too, well not rainbows colours... yet lol.
    I've also been using a protein conditioner which helps and eating lots of oily fish.
    You could also get shampoos and conditioners for brunettes these help maintain your colour.

=]
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2008, 12:15 PM

Hey,
    Perhaps buy some shampoo specifically for your hair colour. These are supposed to bring out natural highlights from your hair and maintain the colour, also brightening it. I have been trying to dye my hair blonde for a while now and I've been using products by MarkHill which habe been working. So I suggest that. Also to keep it healthy, get some hot oil treatments which you rub into your hair after shampooing. They work wonders! Hope this helped. X

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make my hair go back to natural or lighter hair colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm from australia and a couple of days ago I dyed my hair to a permanent intense dark brown but it went to dark I would really like it to go lighter or back to my natural hair colour which is a light brown with a bit of blonde. I have been striping for the past few days is there anything I could...

Trying to get healthier [ 5 Answers ]

How can I gain the will power to pick healthier things to eat? I have trouble with that

Getting Healthier [ 4 Answers ]

Do any of you have any good recipes that are healthy and don't taste terrible? I've been having a lot of turkey sandwiches lately, but I tend to layer on the cheese, does that ruin the point? And cottage cheese? What are some good snacks to have through-out the day? Also, any recommendations for...

Healthier rice [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Which rice is healthier, Parboiled ( Basmati or others) or Polished?

View more questions Search